PDA

View Full Version : directions...

mtar
02-18-2006, 05:12 AM
Hey Guys & Gals I'm coming out there for a visit.... I'm going to help my brother setup a SW tank (his first tank)... but the problem we don't know where any of the good local fish stores, my brother he's located in cobble hill. We are looking to setup a 30 gallon from scratch... we'll need LR, powerhead, hhhhmmm lighting possibly-I'm going to check some local connections for the hardware but the LR will have be local...Please point us in the right direction.

thanks,

Eric

rickjames
02-18-2006, 02:55 PM
The two stores on the island I frequent. To the north In Duncan you have Island Pet Zone, it's in a little plaza on the corner of York and Beverly, right behing McDonalds.

In Victoria is Safari Pets and Aquatics.. Cloverdale and Blanshard in the same plaza as the Futureshop.

HTH! :mrgreen:

Kabong
02-18-2006, 06:32 PM
Get your rock at IPZ for sure best price on the island.

Safari is good but youll pay for it.

Theres Creatures great and small at the corner of Bay Blanshard.
They seem to get a little more of the fish / invert selection you see on the mainland. Need a "creature card" to get a discount though.

Lastley theres Hillside aquatics on the corner of hillside and quadra.
I'll just say "no comment" and leave it at that.

mtar
02-19-2006, 12:54 AM
Thanks guys I greatly appreciate it, this will colapse time frames and save on the wallet.

StirCrazy
02-19-2006, 02:17 AM
Get your rock at IPZ for sure best price on the island.

is it cheaper there or better rock? I have always though Safari had a awsome selection of rock.

Steve

Kabong
02-19-2006, 07:23 AM
7$ pound for indo.
Lots of macro and life when it first came in. Even after a month and a half I picked some up not much macro left but i got some hitchhiker corals. A few diffrent things that ive never seen before. One resembles a cup coral another has 5 plate type pieces fanned out, (no visable flesh though), Ive no idea what it is never seen anything like it.
The rocks nice shape Ill have to get off my lazy ass and get some pics of the new aquascaping.

mtar
02-19-2006, 03:20 PM
You gotta love those hitch hiker corals

Veng68
02-19-2006, 03:40 PM
A bit off topic but......... Any advice on good places for freshwater stuff on the island?

Cheers,
Vic [veng68]

StirCrazy
02-19-2006, 04:34 PM
7$ pound for indo.
Lots of macro and life when it first came in. Even after a month and a half I picked some up not much macro left but i got some hitchhiker corals. A few diffrent things that ive never seen before. One resembles a cup coral another has 5 plate type pieces fanned out, (no visable flesh though), Ive no idea what it is never seen anything like it.
The rocks nice shape Ill have to get off my lazy ass and get some pics of the new aquascaping.

ahh ok 7 bucks is average price.. and if it has macros on it I won't touch it.. I don't want plants in my tank:lol:

Steve

Kabong
02-19-2006, 07:21 PM
ahh ok 7 bucks is average price..
Steve

Where are you getting rock for $7 down here?
Hillside and Safari are like $9
Creatures has some $7 stuff but its just boulders.