PDA

View Full Version : BB Policy

Dale D
08-30-2001, 06:14 PM
Just wanted to know what the policy was on commercial posts.

We just got a shipment of corals in last night and before I post any information I just wanted to now what is allowed.

Thank you. Dale

Hey Marc, you may want to come over and check out this piece of sponge. Even if you have no room in your tank for it, it is worth the drive just to see it. images/smiles/icon_eek.gif

smokinreefer
08-30-2001, 06:31 PM
hey dale,
do you do the ordering for animal house?
anyhow, you should try and get a shipment in when we have a club meeting in that area. that way everyone can get some nice stuff and selection, and at the same time it sure would be good business for the store. just a thought.
later

DJ88
08-30-2001, 06:44 PM
Dale,

How big is that sponge? gonna post a pic or what? What color? images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Oh that Montipora I picked up.. It broke on my way home.. Now I have two! images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Oh do you ever check your messages on here? I sent ya one.. lol

naesco
08-30-2001, 07:47 PM
It would be nice to know some basic information like the following
1. shipment is in
2. unusual pieces or fish
3. really cheap salt prices
But, I would not want to see advertisements or plugs from out of town vendors.
IMO.

titus
08-30-2001, 09:29 PM
Hello Dale,

With regards to commercial posts, I'm not going to make it as strict as the other bulletin boards. I believe it is to all reefers' interest to know what special items (as in unique, hard to find, or rare), or new products (a very unique skimmer design, etc) are available.

So if you have new shipments that are unique, it's okay to make an announcement.

As such, I'll create a new forum for this purpose on a trial basis. In other words, any vendors or manufacturers can make use of this for announcements, not ads.

I define announcements to be a one time event when the goods are first available; ads to be a recurring post about a specific good.

For example, if you have a very unique sponge available, you can make the announcement. If you decide to carry this special sponge because of its popularity, it won't be okay to make an announcement every month about it. That would be considered as an advertisement. It is okay, on the other hand, to make the announcement when you get a shipment of general goods such as live rock, or fish. J&L Aquatics have a board in their store letting customers know when goods will be in and I believe this information is useful to some people.

If you do feel like advertising, I have no problem with it. Create a banner of size up to 126 x 500 (hxw) and I can post it up.

Titus

Dale D
08-30-2001, 11:00 PM
Thanks Titus.

It will be nice to have somewhere to post information about new shipments. That way we can let people know when we have new arrivals in and possibly save some of you a long trip up here when our stock is low.

Smokin, I don't do much of the ordering, but,Mike usually ask me what I think we should bring in.

Darren, the sponge is about 5 or 6" tall and about 7 or 8" wide.It's a very nice size piece. It is made up of 7 or 8 individual "barrels. And is bright "Barney" purple. It's the first time I have ever seen anything like it. When you see it in the tank it looks like a fake piece because of the colour.

Some other examples of what we have are:

An XXLarge green elegance. The skeleton itself is about 12" across when the polyp is deflated. It's on for $69.99

Branching Anchor corals 7-9 heads each $39.99

We got a very large bright!! yellow Sacrophyton leather coral. 10-12" across. This thing was as bright yellow as a Yellow Tang. It was $39.99. I stopped back in at the store tonight, but, it was already sold.

Dale

SuperFudge
09-01-2001, 09:49 AM
Thanks Dale,

Mike said you posted something but i didnt see it until now images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif.

Im takin off for the long weekend,but may stop in sat morn before i go.

I think i may get you or Mike to put aside a Berlin XL with a turbo pump for me.

Thanks for the info....

Titus,
Excellent rules regarding vendor posts,i believe on other boards it is a hindrance rather than help to not let ANY in of a commercial nature.

Marc.