PDA

View Full Version : Snowflake Moray looking for new home!

targa81
02-15-2006, 03:36 PM
I've had this guy forever, he has obviously outgrown my 50 G tank. Something like 60 cm in length and FAT. I thought I would get the 150 up and running in time but it looks like not. He can smell when the clown eats shrimp and has taken to pulling my trigger around the tank before realizing the trigger is too big to eat.Since someone is going to get hurt I would like to find a good home...Trades for WHY or offers$$ the priority is a good home.

BTW he is hand trained believe it or not.

targa81
02-21-2006, 01:55 AM
Still looking for a new home-He won't go to a LFS so if no one is interested I guess a new tank is forthcoming.

EmilyB
02-21-2006, 07:03 AM
Moorish Idols DO NOT belong in aquaria...

30 G FOWLR: Picasso Trigger, Coris Wrasse , Moorish Idol

I’m confused….

I hope you find a good home for the fish.

targa81
02-21-2006, 03:23 PM
I "rescued" Gill from a LFS and although I've had him for several months I wouldn't advocate these fish for anyone but experienced hobbyists.This particular LFS obviously caters to the Finding Nemo crowd( tanks of nemos, doris etc.)and I feel somewhat guilty for buying there thus encouraging them to stock Idols.I do remember when no one thought you could keep coral in captivity either so maybe if experienced reefers are successful with hard to keep species this helps the hobby progress. Nobody looking for a beauty of a Snowflake??

Edmonton Eskimo
02-21-2006, 03:56 PM
no offence but you might want to research your fish before you purchase them. Both of the tanks you have listed are way overstocked and that's probably why your eel is going nuts because he doesn't have enough room. Just my opinion though

targa81
02-21-2006, 04:14 PM
I was waiting for that response. When the 150 is ready I think the overstocking problem will be resolved.But then again when the triggers are bigger I might still be overstocked , or some might say that an Idol in a 50 G SPS is cruel-need at least 120 gallons for those fast swimming fish.Oh well-the Idol was starving in a 10 G tank at the LFS though-picking at bare CC clearly wanting to live.

Griffin
02-21-2006, 05:12 PM
Someone has to want a snowflake - or is nervous about the eating habits. I bought mine when it was about 5" - now its about 1 1/2 feet, hand fed, true you shouldn't have anything in the tank that looks like a silverside or it could become food but mine has not bothered anyone. My reef live stock includes a mandarin goby, sleeper goby, 2 smaller true percs, couple chromis, 2 med tangs in a 120g. She has never tried to jump out, can pet her when she comes up for food if she is not in a hurry to eat behind the rocks. They are awesome IMO. Hope you find a good home soon.
Cheers
Rich

Edmonton Eskimo
02-21-2006, 05:22 PM
I find with my snowflake he goes nuts at feeding time unless I give him his own piece to chew on right away and then he leaves everyone else alone. They don't have very good sight so when they smell food they tend to chase whatever is in sight.

muck
02-21-2006, 05:29 PM
Can we keep the threads in the Buy/Sell/Trade forum Buy/Sell/Trade please.
Discussion on Moray eating habits can be done in the Reef Forum.
Thanks. :wink:

Edmonton Eskimo
02-21-2006, 06:03 PM
wow talk about a tight leash