PDA

View Full Version : Target feeding candy cane corals

DanG
02-15-2006, 03:22 PM
I target fed my big colony of candy cane coral last night with some cyclopeeze and a turkey baster. How often is too often for that?

digital-audiophile
02-15-2006, 03:38 PM
Since I have to spot feed my sun coral everyother day, spot feed my candy cane and some other corals at the same time, just a little bit though as to not pollute my tank

dockrat
02-15-2006, 04:05 PM
I target feed my candy canes twice a week once with Cyclopeezes (sp) and once a week with a little piece of shrimp, i have had them for month and there starting to grow like crazy. hopes this helps
kris

MobyDick
02-15-2006, 04:27 PM
I feed my candies mysis shrip..and slowsinking fish food...they love it but i mix the cyclopeezes i think they are kindda small..i feed this same mix to my bubble,openbrian,and hammer.

Bob I
02-15-2006, 05:54 PM
I have never fed my Candy Cane, and the colony has tripled in size in a couple of years.:biggrin:

OCDP
02-15-2006, 06:00 PM
Haha Bob, I don't think that answers his question. We all know that our corals will grow without spot feedings. :biggrin:

I feed my LPS about once or twice a week (mainly once a week). I think that is about sufficient. (in my 20g anyways) Soon I will be able to feed with Reef-Roids.. I am looking forward to it, as feeding mysis and all that is a hassel IMO.