PDA

View Full Version : FW Crabs

maverick_8teen
02-15-2006, 09:45 AM
I have an "underwater" King Crab. I have had him (or her) for about a month now. Its leg span is about 3-4 inches. i have been told to feed it crab bites (dry food) and was also told to feed it bloodworms. I have it in a 7 Gal tank...thinking i need to upgrade now or soon atleast but im not too sure. Does anyone have advise on them. Proper diet? Size of tank? (as stupid of a question this may be) Do they need an air supply? Maybe some random bit of info that mght come in handy later?

SeaHorse_Fanatic
02-15-2006, 04:38 PM
Do a Google Image search to see what species of crab you have. Then you should be id it & Google it's requirements. LFS names like "King crab" are too vague & there are hundreds/thousands of crab species out there so this may be your best bet.

Anthony

Kabong
02-15-2006, 06:44 PM
Ive got a Sesarma bidens (Red claw crab)

http://www.aqualandpetsplus.com/Bug,%20C15.jpg

Diffrent from your's but ill share what ive learned.
He's blind as a bat as they say. hunts by movement and scent.
Started as a algae eater but cleaned it up rather quickly. Currently he eats shrimp pellets. which he seems to like.
When it come to tank size id say depth is'nt really an issue, actual ground space is whats improtant.
He's a messy little bugger makes hes tank filthy. even with once a week vacuming.