PDA

View Full Version : Pinpoint or Milwaukee

Willito
02-15-2006, 01:27 AM
I am planning to get a ph monitor and having a hard time deciding of which brand to go with. I know both are qautlity devices but lets hear from people who have owned them. Was it high maintanance in terms of cleaning probe and calibrating? Battery or AC adaptor?

Ruth
02-15-2006, 01:34 AM
I've got both and actually prefer the Milwaukee. I calibrate once a month but don't find it gets off very much. I clean the probe at the same time. I think with my Pinpoint I splashed some water on it and so every once in a while it will read like 1.20 for a couple of days. And definately get the adaptor or you will be constantly replacing batteries.

Bryan
02-15-2006, 01:38 AM
I have both and prefer the Milwaukee. Better built and I would have to say more waterproof. The SMS 101 model has temperature compensation adjustability which is a nice feature and two digit resolution. 8.xx

kari
02-15-2006, 12:58 PM
Both here as well.

The Milwaukee is noted to have an accuracy of +/- 0.2ph. Seemed like a pretty big spread but measured the same results as my Pin Point. Not sure what the accuracy of the Pin Point is supposed to be.

The Milwaukee only used one slope calibration screw while Pin Point uses two (upper and lower part of the scale.) IMO my Pin Point is measuring more accurately.

I like the connections(bottom) on the Milwaukee better. Pin Point has wires sticking out of the face of the display which I find some what ackward.

Bryan
02-15-2006, 02:30 PM
The Milwaukee SMS 101 has two point adjustment

kari
02-15-2006, 11:00 PM
Yah, you're right, I'm wrong again:biggrin: The slope screw is on the back. I only calibrated it once and got mixed up remembering the note in the package suggested only setting the front screw with the one calibration fluid supplied. That's for the SMS122 ph controller.

During the peak of ph level my Milwaukee ph contoller and Pin Point monitor display the same yet as ph falls during the night the Pin Point displays slightly lower values.