PDA

View Full Version : New Bubble King skimmers

Ruth
02-14-2006, 12:41 PM
I have had quite a few people inquire about my Bubble King skimmer - soon to be plural. IMO this is an amazing skimmer but as I have stated many times it is pricey. BK is supposedly coming out with a new line of skimmers soon that are designed for smaller tanks and will apparently have a much smaller price tag. I am in no way affiliated with this nor do I sell BK's it's just that as there has been many questions thought people might be interested.
http://www.zeovit.com/forums/showpost.php?p=46252&postcount=444

kari
02-14-2006, 11:43 PM
But are you affiliated with zeovit.com in any or fashion?:lol:

That BK skimmer sure looks like a kick-ass skimmer.

Ruth
02-14-2006, 11:54 PM
Zeovit.com is a bulletin board much the same as Canreef, reef central, reef frontiers etc etc etc. If you mean am I a member of this board then yes I am. I also use the zeovit products (said I would try it for a year on one tank). I buy my products just like anyone else would and don't sell anything. Just trying to pass on some information as I have had quite a few pm's and questions about the bubble king skimmer. If I offended anyone by posting this then would someone please delete the post and I will not post any more about zeovit products or the Bubble King Skimmers.

prospero31
02-15-2006, 02:22 AM
Ruth, I have been wondering for some time about your Zeovit experiment. How is it going and are there any observations you would care to share with others on this board (and sorry for hijacking this thread with this question)

AG

Willow
02-15-2006, 06:11 AM
hey ruth any idea on the prices on the new BK's? are they going to be somewhat affordable or still exotic?

kari
02-15-2006, 12:34 PM
Sorry Ruth, I consumed a thimble of beer and became obnoxious.

I haven't used a skimmer with a needle wheel and always wondered if the needle wheel clogged with debris over time ( like impeller sludge) and altered performance. Do you find you need to take apart the pumps often for this?

Ruth
02-15-2006, 12:44 PM
No idea on the pricing of the new line BK skimmers - my understanding from reading the threads on it is that they are supposed to be cheaper and better suited for smaller systems than their current line of skimmers. If they are as efficient, energy wise and performance wise, as their current line it should be impressive IMO.
As for the zeovit method it is really hard for me to comment right now. I started using zeo in the middle of November and then discontinued while I was in Vancouver for 3 weeks at Christmas. I started up again basically starting over when I returned and then my reactor broke on me. I got that working - sort of (waiting for a replacement) - and then had a heat issue that I didn't realize until about a week later that took out just about all my SPS. I have been back on track now for about 2 weeks and have noticed the SPS that survived boiling (90 degrees) have started to colour back up. I have a temporary fix on the heat issue with a fan (really ghetto looking) and will be stopping dosing when I go on holidays in LESS THAN 2 WEEKS WHOOT!. I promised myself that I would try zeo for a year so I think once I get back from holidays I will effectively start my year from then. If people are interested I can post my results.
For the record I also use a Deltec skimmer and an ASMG4X skimmer on my other systems - not affiliated with them either. Both great skimmers but I will be changing out the ASM for another Bubble King.

Ruth
02-15-2006, 01:00 PM
No worries Kari - just don't want people thinking that I am trying to get a sales pitch in through the back door. I am impressed enough with the BK skimmers that, if I had time, I would sell them but where I live trying to ship out of here would just not make any sense at all. Same for the zeo products.
I have not noticed any build up of crud at all on my pump but haven't really looked either. I figure if skimmer performance looks like it is down I will have to take the pump apart and clean it but so far have not noticed a need. One thing about the skimmer though is that it is a bit of a pain to clean out the bottom of the body as it has a disbursion (sp) plate that you have to get a hose (like a suction hose) and put it down through the holes and pump the sludge that does gather there.