PDA

View Full Version : Zoos and new anemone

Ruth
02-12-2006, 07:38 PM
A couple of pictures that didn't turn out too bad. Those greeny/blue zoos are my favorite. I don't know what they are called but they are pretty.66

geopod
02-12-2006, 07:44 PM
i got those zoos dont know what they are called either but i believe they are from the solomon's islands...Nice anenome..that is Lee s old one hey??love that thing very big....

george

kuatto
02-12-2006, 08:18 PM
Nice pics,especially like the zoos.

st4tic
02-22-2006, 05:04 PM
That looks like a moorish idol, how long have you had it?

Ruth
02-22-2006, 05:08 PM
4 months with my fingers crossed. Eats everything that I offer - loves Mysis and Nori particularly as well as frozen Angel formula.

SeaHorse_Fanatic
02-22-2006, 05:33 PM
Careful with the MI. Another local reefer had one that did great too, until 6 or 8 months down the road it decided to eat all his expensive zoos. I think it's now worth over $800, just from its diet.

Ruth
02-22-2006, 05:38 PM
Thanks but I already knew that. He/she is in an SPS tank that does have some hitch hiker brown zoos on the live rock. It likes to eat the skirts off these (they always seem to grow back though) Don't plan on putting any other zoos or palys in this tank.

RonPeter
02-23-2006, 01:46 AM
Where did you get the blue/green zoo's from? they are awesome!!

Ruth
02-23-2006, 02:01 AM
They are really great - even the picture does not do them justice. I got them from fragfarmer.

kari
02-23-2006, 02:08 AM
I'm a bit of a MI fan aswell. Noticed if you forget to feed them they also like to dine on various montipora, some ugly brain corals, super glue and two part epoxy that isn't quite cured.

Ruth
02-23-2006, 02:20 AM
The only LPS that I have in this tank is an elegance coral that is not doing so hot - maybe Baby has been having a snack. I don't think so though as I have never seen her near it or the Monti caps that I have. Just added a couple of chalice so we'll see how that goes.
I keep her pretty well fed though so other than the zoo skirts she hasn't picked at anything in the tank. She is a pet though - both her and the Naso Tank (tank) eat out of my hand and not usually on purpose either it's just that trying to get Nori into the tank is a challenge with them both trying to rip it out of my hand. I use a magnet to attach it to the side of the glass (well acrylic) so I have to go in with my hand and the nori sheet.

RonPeter
02-23-2006, 02:42 AM
They are really great - even the picture does not do them justice. I got them from fragfarmer.

I am not familiar with to many fraggers, where is he and does he have a website that he sells from? Thanks.

Ruth
02-23-2006, 02:46 AM
Whoops I typed the wrong name, it's actually frag factory and I think he is a sponser here. Anyway here is the link to his web page.
http://www.fragfactory.ca/home.html