PDA

View Full Version : Issues with Nano

fishmanty
02-09-2006, 07:17 PM
Hey, got a few problems with my nano tank... its an 8gallon bowfront, 2 powerheads, 7 lbs of rock... 1 clownfish, and 1 yellowtail damsel..

In the past 2 days, all my corals have been closing up, and my water is getting a bit murky.. what can I do to clean it up a bit?

O, plus my gf had a nudibranch in there and it died shortly before the tank went downhill..

Any idea what is going on?

Thanks
Ty

digital-audiophile
02-09-2006, 07:27 PM
What are your tank readings? Have you tested it since the nudibranch died?

fishmanty
02-09-2006, 07:32 PM
I haven't tested it since... other than the salinity of 1.024. I also don't have my test kit anymore... and I haven't had time these past 2 days to go buy a new one... anyone in the SW/SE wanna come over and test my water? :P

Kabong
02-09-2006, 07:43 PM
Start of with a 25% water change.
Run some carbon if you arent already.
And you should really get some test kits asap

Depending on the size of your fish they are probably the cause of your problem. Ill presume there still young at this point, Since they havent killed each other yet. Just one of them at full grown is going to be pushing the max bioload on that size of a tank let alone 2 of them.

Are you running a skimmer of any type?

fishmanty
02-09-2006, 08:22 PM
Nope, no skimmer. I'll put my mini on there, and move the damsel over to the 90gallon. I'll get a test kit when im at golds tmrw morning, and i'll do a water change after i pick up my new glass tops in a couple hours. Blahhhh

Thanks

mr_alberta
02-09-2006, 08:25 PM
The stressed and dying nudibranch most likely released something into the water. Carbon and water changes, as stated above, are the best thing to do.

i have crabs
02-09-2006, 11:33 PM
exactly what mr alberta said some nudibranches releases toxins when stressed or dieing try to find out what kind you had on the net and look for shure,but in a nano a 25% water change 2 or 3 times over the next week if thing do start lookin better carbon in the filter will help tones
i also dont think 1 clown and 1 damsil are pushing the bioload of a tank that size but i still wouldnt be adding anymore.