PDA

View Full Version : Haven't seen my Emerald Crab yet.

OCDP
02-09-2006, 05:34 PM
I put one in on Saturday evening and haven't seen it once since. Do they hide a lot?? He's fairly big and hairy so I assume I would see him, but then again he could easily be hiding under rocks, and so on....

Anything I should know?

Delphinus
02-09-2006, 05:38 PM
Sounds par for the course. They seem to be incredibly shy that way. I only see mine at night and even then usually by accident. I have a rather large one that lately I've been seeing hanging out on an acro colony after lights out. There are theoretically 3 others in the tank they're in, but I never see them.

SJSobczyk
02-09-2006, 05:39 PM
I agree with Tony. I never see mine unless i am hunting around with the flashlight at night. Chances are you wont ever see him during the day.

Steve

muck
02-09-2006, 05:48 PM
Are you sure he didn't crawl out and is hiding under your pillow..? :razz:

OCDP
02-09-2006, 06:02 PM
Alright.. I was getting worried for a sec. I also haven't seen a dent in my BA yet, but it hasn't even been a week so I'll give it some time.

I swear I hate crabs with a passion haha.. probably better off that I don't see it :razz:

Willow
02-09-2006, 06:15 PM
you will see him one day munching away on your zoos or acros.

Aquaholic
02-09-2006, 06:21 PM
You will end up seeing him sometime, I have to diligently search to see mine he blends in quite well. Plus i think I scare him with my big nogin up against the glass.

:mrgreen:

OCDP
02-09-2006, 06:29 PM
Oh I pray he doesn't eat any of my corals.

I'll just keep my eyes open for him then.

digital-audiophile
02-09-2006, 06:55 PM
I hate crabs. I have a gorrilla crab I am trying to erradicate. Saw him last night and went to wok on his cave with a turkey skewer.. I think he evaded my assasination attempt though.