PDA

View Full Version : Clowns dying

cag
02-09-2006, 04:08 PM
Is anyone aware of a disease that looks kinda like ick but only effects clownfish. One of my tanks had a pair of true percs, a pair of black and white saddles, and a gold strip maroon , and a couple of chromis settled in now for a year. Lots of soft corals, mushrooms, ricordea, star polyps, etc. At christmas time I took out my reg carpet anenomie, and repaced it with a blue carpet from LFS. It only lasted 3 weeks. (the regular one had been there for over a year) When it died, I pulled it out and put in a little sebae of some kind from LFS. Now over the last 3 weeks one by one every single clown is dying. They look whitish for a few days, then gone. I haven't seen them going anywhere near the new anenomie, so I don't think they are being stung. The coral all seems fine (with the exception of my elelphant ear corals which are dying off fast, and they have been in there for over a year, and had divied multiple times last summer). The shrimp, urchins, boxer crab, starfish etc, all fine. Just clowns going down. Does anyone have any ideas?

Water quality is 79 degrees, PH 8.2, nitrates up to 15 now with all the death, but I am doing small water changes to pull it back out. calcium at 460, KH very high (but every one so far says that doesn't bother anything) calcuim 460, skimmer working normally. Running power compacts over tank.

muck
02-09-2006, 04:14 PM
This sound like it?

http://www.wetwebmedia.com/brooklynellosisart.htm