PDA

View Full Version : LF: Aquarium stands (Edmonton)

TheReefGeek
02-08-2006, 10:20 PM
Anyone have aquarium stands they no longer need/use? Preferably old and crappy looking so they are cheap or free, I will pick up.

PM me sizes if you do, thanks!

fishmanty
02-09-2006, 12:07 AM
I know that some of the petceteras here have 10gallon full oak stands, black, 1 door... for $39... They are old and dusty but i know they can hold the weight. Im guessing you're looking for something a bit bigger...

TheReefGeek
02-09-2006, 12:11 AM
I am looking for a variety of sizes.

One specific size I am looking for though is for a tank that is 30x12. That footprint is often a 25g tank, and the stand would be about 1/2" bigger in each dimension. Bigger would work as well, doesn't have to be pretty, just trying to setup a fuge tank and need to put it on something, it is just in my fish room.

Quagmire
02-09-2006, 01:02 AM
If you dont find anything,check the Bargain finder for coffee tables.That would be low enough for gravity feed,but still be up off the floor.

G1GY
02-09-2006, 04:21 AM
If your looking for something strong and cheap maybe look for an floor model TV to gut out.

My welfare 33 gallon tank stand! :mrgreen: (Just laying in the corner of the garage now.)

http://www.canreef.com/photopost/data/500/1376Welfare_tank_stand.jpg

It's an old floor model TV that I gutted all the electronics out of and chopped the legs off of. Then I just added a shelf and painted it with that speckle stone paint.

When it's all set up and clean, you can't even tell it's a 1970's TV.

Pretty lame......I know. :rolleyes:

TheReefGeek
02-09-2006, 05:10 AM
Not lame, that is awesome! Are you selling it, or are you using it right now? What are the dimensions?

G1GY
02-09-2006, 05:20 AM
Not lame, that is awesome! Are you selling it, or are you using it right now? What are the dimensions?

I'm going to keep this thing and set the 33 up in a storage room here, but I do have a thick coffee table that I used to have a 33 on that worked well.
It's free for if your in town, just pick it up. :)

I can keep my eyes open for a TV to modify if you want me to.

EDIT:

The dimensions are the exact lenth of a standard 33 gallon(You can see it on top of the stand in the pic) and about 4 or 5 inches deeper.

Those old TV's can hold allot of weight once you cut the legs off of them.

This one had a freshwater tank built into it where the screen would be before I made it into a stand.(Complete with all the buttons and knobs beside.)

I'm going to build another one like that when I find the right TV. :)

TheReefGeek
02-09-2006, 05:30 AM
Thanks for the offer, but I will take a look here in e-town. I have a bargain finder subscription online, and the new one is release in 8.5 hours, so I should be able to find something.

I need something that is pretty tall, taller than a coffee table, almost desk tall for my overflow to go to my sump which is 25" tall. I can drill the sump lower if need be, but I prefer to look for a tall stand first.

I am also looking for lager stands, for tanks that are 48" x 18".

And I will take a look at petsmart and petcetera for some cheap 10g stands, I have a 10g I would like to setup at the office.

Thanks everyone!

Quagmire
02-09-2006, 03:55 PM
Very Kewl G1GY.I happen to have an old TV sitting around.I think you gave me my next project.Now to finnish the last project :)

TheReefGeek
02-09-2006, 04:50 PM
I found a steel stand perfect for my 25g in the bargain finder this morning.

Still looking for a stand for a 48" x 18" tank though!