PDA

View Full Version : Vacation Tank Assistance - Langley, B.C.

Scales
02-08-2006, 08:08 PM
Hi.

I am leaving the country for about three weeks (March 2 to 26) and would like to find someone (I live in the Walnut Grove area of Langley)to assist my neighbour in caring for my tanks. He is being "educated" on reef-keeping, but I would like the security of having someone available to answer any questions he may have and assist in any emergencies. If possible, I hope that someone can stop by a couple of times over the three weeks I am gone and just make sure everything is OK...the reality is that my kind neighbour is not necessarily going to "notice" that the corals are ****ed off at something.

If there are any significant emergencies that require actual work, the "volunteer" is free to take care of it and I will be happy to compensate in $ or frags...and if the volunteer does not have the time, then a commercial service can be retained to deal with whatever Murphy and his stupid law has decided to lob my way...

My largest tank is a 180g SPS dominated display. It only has two fish. The other system is a 90g (Fish, LPS, Zoos, Mushrooms) plumbed together with a 55g FOWLR and 33g refugium. All tanks are on automated water top-off systems and by the time I leave, the only requirements in my absence should be feeding and perhaps topping off the FW resevoir once or twice.

If there is anyone interested in assisting, please respond or PM me.

Cheers.

Trevor.

SeaHorse_Fanatic
02-08-2006, 08:36 PM
I live in Burnaby but you can give him my number to call me if there are any problems. Not sure if I'll have time to drive out there to check in on your tank but I'll send you my contact info by pm anyways. Hopefully someone closer will volunteer too.

Anthony