PDA

View Full Version : Reef Meet Feb 25

snailbuddy
02-08-2006, 02:09 PM
OK - I had to start this because there are too many threads and I'm easily confused :)

The next meet is Sat, Feb 25 at 1:00 at my place.
I will pm everyone with the address and phone number.

So . . .
Bring your favorite munchies and drinkables
Bring your frags for trade or sell - be sure to post - we want to know!
I can set up a holding tank if I know there will be lots!

It looks like we have a couple of options for demos . . . judging from the interest, I think there will be quite a few new people attending. Perhaps Murry will demo fragging??? My little house should work for that one!

oilfield safety
02-08-2006, 03:45 PM
I just need to the address. I just set up my system so I don't have anything to trade but would like to buy some bright Zoos, Shrooms or Ricordia. See you there.

Shane

TheReefGeek
02-08-2006, 03:58 PM
I will be there, looking forward to my first meet.

If there is interest I will bring:

1. Pulsing Xenia frags
2. Kenya tree frags
3. Colt coral frags

All frags $10 or trade. 3 for $25

In my vehicle in case anyone is interested I will have:

1. Dry rock for $3.75 a pound (special meet price)
2. Berlin Turbo Skimmer $80 - pump needs impeller or replacing, not sure which. Impeller is $27 at BA, pump is $99 at www.mops.ca
3. CPR BakPakII Skimmer - $125

Dad
02-08-2006, 04:55 PM
I will be there.I will be bringing cookie frags

mr_alberta
02-08-2006, 05:01 PM
I may or may not come. I haven't decided. Also, if there is enough of a turnout, I may donate something (kalk reactor or auto topoff or auto waste collector) as a raffle/door prize!

J.Lloy
02-08-2006, 05:16 PM
I'll just have to book a day off work to go to this. hehe and Ed is scheduled to work:razz:

Murminator
02-08-2006, 05:44 PM
I may or may not come. I haven't decided. Also, if there is enough of a turnout, I may donate something (kalk reactor or auto topoff or auto waste collector) as a raffle/door prize!

:eek: shoulda been to the last one biggest turnout I've been too......I'm seeing a demo here If you did come you could build something then raffle it, or just bring some scraps of arcrylic or glass and show us how to glue/silicone it for our own DIY

mr_alberta
02-08-2006, 05:46 PM
I could do that, but I'd have to basically pre-cut and machine all the pieces before hand, which is already half of the DIY when you want to build anything acrylic IMO.

Dad
02-08-2006, 06:22 PM
Harvey the door prize idea is great. I think what Murray and myself included would just like to see you do is the glueing of two scrap pieces. Hope you make it there.

Beermaster
02-08-2006, 06:23 PM
I will be tagging along with Dad, cant wait! hope we get a good turn out again

TheReefGeek
02-08-2006, 06:50 PM
I would like to see acrylic glueing as well. And maybe just describe what tools and methods you use to machine acrylic, what the differences are from wood working?

scub steve
02-08-2006, 08:58 PM
I'll just have to book a day off work to go to this. hehe and Ed is scheduled to work:razz:

i have to work too :( dont fear you can never keep me or my brother down and out

Pan
02-08-2006, 10:37 PM
I would love to go to a meet, Unfortunately i won't know if i can go until the day of the meet...i work late frdiay nights/early saturday morning. Depending on the time I get up....but if I am up i would love to go...

mr_alberta
02-08-2006, 10:58 PM
The two most important tools to have are a router with a good flush trim bit and a table saw. For saw blades, there are special plastic cutting blades where the teeth on the blades are designed to reduce melting and provide cleaner cuts (i.e. less chipping). Usually they recommend 80 tooth blades for 1/8-3/8th thickness, 60 tooth blades for 3/8" and up.

pre-2k
02-08-2006, 11:09 PM
ill b there but dont know what to bring.......................... (cash)

mmmmmm if there's alot of ppl i can bring sum spring roll as a snack ok :biggrin:

Murminator
02-08-2006, 11:29 PM
Just a little teaser on the silver pom pom I might bring :razz: , I think the color is amazing. You can see the color comparison to the regular pulsing beside it

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c142/Murminator/pic1.jpg

michika
02-08-2006, 11:32 PM
Me plus one please!

Dad, I'll take you up on those cookie frags.

TheReefGeek
02-08-2006, 11:35 PM
Dad, what if I want a whole cookie, and not just a piece? :mrgreen:

I have the white pulsing xenia too, they are much nicer than my regular brown ones. If only they would grow as fast, I have found the brown to spread quicker.

Murminator
02-08-2006, 11:36 PM
Catherine does that purple tip look familar....It was that little bump you gave me at Ed's party

snailbuddy
02-09-2006, 02:24 AM
Hey Murray - great idea for a hostess gift :)

saltynuts
02-09-2006, 02:26 AM
ill be their don,t you worry. ill post alittle later on the frags i can bring!

michika
02-09-2006, 02:30 AM
Awe Murray! Its my first coral!

You, Russ, Harvey, and Ryan have all thats left of that little baby. It rtned in my tank durring the great redbug plague of 2005. Enjoy it!

Murminator
02-09-2006, 10:28 PM
Anybody want any brown zoos they are the ones I fragged at the last meet the rock is totally grown over again and spreading on to my porites. If nobody wants any I'll leave them at home. They can bee seen
here http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=22291&page=3 as the big brown fuzzy ball in the front. or in the pic under it right in the middle same zoo different light so they are lighter and not as fuzzy. :mrgreen:

snailbuddy
02-10-2006, 02:57 PM
I wouldn't mind some of those zoos, Murray - I have a few bald patches in my tank where nothing seems to want to grow - not prime real estate, I guess!

Pan
02-10-2006, 09:03 PM
I will be there, looking forward to my first meet.

If there is interest I will bring:

1. Pulsing Xenia frags
2. Kenya tree frags
3. Colt coral frags

All frags $10 or trade. 3 for $25

In my vehicle in case anyone is interested I will have:

1. Dry rock for $3.75 a pound (special meet price)
2. Berlin Turbo Skimmer $80 - pump needs impeller or replacing, not sure which. Impeller is $27 at BA, pump is $99 at www.mops.ca
3. CPR BakPakII Skimmer - $125

i wouldn't mind some of those frags...as my tank is well...barren

TheReefGeek
02-10-2006, 09:08 PM
I will bring what I can, traded a bunch in the last week here, but should be able to bring a couple of each I would think.

What does everybody bring their frags in? How do you keep them oxygenated and warm? Ziploc bags and float them in a tank at the meet?

Beermaster
02-10-2006, 09:44 PM
yup, what we did at dads was setup a 35 gal tank with 1.026 water and brought it up to temp just incase there was any loose stuff but most stuff just floated for time we where all there

It worked quite well

I personally think we should start having auctions at these meets to sell or trade our corals :D :D :D

snailbuddy
02-10-2006, 10:29 PM
Wow - 35 gallons? How about a 10??? It will be 1.026 and warm :)
I'm sure most stuff can just float in bags, right?

Beermaster
02-11-2006, 01:28 PM
Wow - 35 gallons? How about a 10??? It will be 1.026 and warm :)
I'm sure most stuff can just float in bags, right?
Yea we had a 35 and 10gal set up lol, but the 10 gal was for Murrys demo :D :D

The Demos are a great idea, it was very interesting to watch and now i dont think i would have any quimms about fraggin zoos

and now to learn how to attach acylic together, woohoo

cant wait cant wait

lol

snailbuddy
02-11-2006, 01:50 PM
Should be good! Anything to do with glue is fun :)

geopod
02-11-2006, 02:55 PM
I will be bringing frags with me too.Have to make room in my tank it is starting to look like Ryan's tank here pretty quick....FULL

george

Beermaster
02-11-2006, 03:11 PM
oh oh Frags from Georgie? gotta get them before Ed see's this lol

mr_alberta
02-11-2006, 03:13 PM
Guys, before you jump the gun here, I still haven't confirm whether or not I'm coming, so don't get all excited about an Acrylic demo just yet.

Beermaster
02-11-2006, 03:14 PM
Guys, before you jump the gun here, I still haven't confirm whether or not I'm coming, so don't get all excited about an Acrylic demo just yet.
That was just a hoping that you are Harv, thats all, it would be just a cool little demo, that a lot of us would be excited about i think *hint* *hint*

scub steve
02-11-2006, 07:45 PM
anybody got a new 400 watt mh bulb kicking around they want to get rid of??
ill get my brother to pick it up at the meet 4 me if you do

Pan
02-12-2006, 01:32 AM
Damn i missed the meet I am ****ed off now, I was looking forward to meeting people who don't say what the hell are you spending your money on fish and coral for... :)
plus i wanted some frags, I didn't get up until about 4 today...worked late late late...i went to Big als and then aquarium illusions....i liked the candy cane at big als, AI wants 22+ for a single cane..there were a few larger oe for 32 at Big als...the frags at AI were mostly acro's 54 bucks a peice...but my light isn't anywhere near good enough for those yet...so i've been told. Getting halide lamp when i get tax money...

Does anyone have any frags left? and when is the next meet :)
hopefully you guys can do it on a sunday :)

saltynuts
02-12-2006, 01:42 AM
it s ok man the reef meet was not this weekend,its the 25th
so don,t be mad be glad!
man thats too funny . my belly hurts!

Pan
02-12-2006, 02:11 AM
Oh my gawd...it's only the 11th....man i should have stayed asleep...i feels sooooo dumb )

does anyone have a little heliofungia? i like corals that move with the water flow...maybe a torch they wanna sell? i'd buy an anemone but with 2 1/2 months i don't think it is established long enough. Anyone know where i can buy some pods? Or have a rainford goby they want to sell? i'm almost at my limit with fish in my tank...so i've decided on a yellowheaded jawfish and one other...the purple firefish at AI were damn tempting as were the captive bred purple thingys (scientific name) :)

i always get different takes on how many fish in one tank....i know AI has a 20 gallon with six fish in there....but...they can always take them out when they get big.

Also anyone have a used hang on overflow? like er c-siphon i think is the only one i've ever seen. I'd like a bigger tank but i think i'll have to make do with my 20 :)

Ruth
02-12-2006, 02:24 AM
My goodness SLOW DOWN. First tell us what size your tank is and what is in there right now.
You cannot go by what a retail store has in their tanks as a guideline for what you should have in your home aquarium. The idea of a retail store is to constantly move the fish (ie: sell). I also believe that AI has a lot of their tanks plumbed together thereby giving them a much larger water volume than say 1 20g tank.

Pan
02-12-2006, 02:58 AM
My goodness SLOW DOWN. First tell us what size your tank is and what is in there right now.
You cannot go by what a retail store has in their tanks as a guideline for what you should have in your home aquarium. The idea of a retail store is to constantly move the fish (ie: sell). I also believe that AI has a lot of their tanks plumbed together thereby giving them a much larger water volume than say 1 20g tank.

I'm not quite as Gung-ho do something without thinking as that message portrays...my uncle who has been in salt for years (looks like it too heh) said the fish per gallon thing works for people who are lazy...meaning that you can go over it IF you do what is needed...more frequent water changes etc...and it depends on the kinds of fish...ie no tangs in a 20...
if you got a sand sifter that hid all the time as opposed to ones that swim all over...

as to you question I have two little True percs, a medium to small Sixline wrasse, and emereld crab, some snails, a sea urchin(it was a gift either i say yes or it would have been thrown out) and a little electric blue hermit. Most things stay hidden.... cept the clowns..

I would like to get a sump, and a skimmer...but the tank is to small for a big skimmer, and the little ones i've heard are well...useless. The sump would allow me the use of a skimmer plus increase the water volume, which i know is good no matter who you are. But if the general consenses says 3 fish in a 20 is the limit i'd probably stick with that, as i don't want to kill the little guys.

Remeber i am new to this :) and the info i get on certain things changes daily...like no one has been able to tell me why the little biowheel i have smells...or if they are supposed to smell....has lots of brown crap on where the water come out...water smelled...but after water change it doesn't as much...just smells like a fish tank now...you know that smell not bad but not nice either...
sorry for long answer to a simple question...while not a gung-ho type personality i did kiss the blarney stone....:)

EDIT: SORRY WAY OFF TOPIC.........

mr_alberta
02-12-2006, 04:49 AM
:drinking: :drinking:

Anyway....what's the headcount for the meet thus far? Just curious.

snailbuddy
02-12-2006, 05:43 PM
Looks like about 18 confirmed for the meet so far . . . wow! We'll have to spread out and play nice :)

Hey - headintheclouds - I have a small Red Sea Skilter (hangs on outside the tank) that I've been using for quite a while. I love it, and contrary to popular opinion, that little thing skims like no tomorrow! I don't use the filter componant, just use it for skimming. So, think about getting one, you can probably find one used on eBay or somewhere. I will never part with mine! I also use a BakPak that is awesome, but too large for a 20g.

geopod
02-12-2006, 07:48 PM
Zoo fraggin time...Gotta get ready for the meet........

george

kuatto
02-12-2006, 08:25 PM
I know I missed the last couple meets,but I plan on going to this one and bringing my better half.I just have to make sure she isn't busy painting wall murals that weekend:)("But honey...you can make money anytime,this is a reef meet"..:) )

Matt
02-12-2006, 10:49 PM
Sharon and I are trying to figure out how to get to this one -- some things need juggling.

Best,
Matt

bulletsworld
02-13-2006, 12:41 AM
I may be able to make this meet. Looks like a lot of the old gang is coming...awesome!

Beermasters & Dad: I will bring your nets. Are you coming?

:0)

Dad
02-13-2006, 01:51 AM
Yes we will both be there.

Myanth
02-13-2006, 02:09 AM
I will come also with another reefer buddy.

That always looks wrong.... another guy who keeps reefs. Yeah that's better :biggrin:

Mike

P.S. I will need directions.... speak slowly, I be not so smrt.

Beermaster
02-13-2006, 02:27 AM
LOL I am So Smrt S.M.R.T lmao, i havent heard that in years

and back on topic, yea i will be there with Dad

Pan
02-13-2006, 06:02 AM
Looks like about 18 confirmed for the meet so far . . . wow! We'll have to spread out and play nice :)

Hey - headintheclouds - I have a small Red Sea Skilter (hangs on outside the tank) that I've been using for quite a while. I love it, and contrary to popular opinion, that little thing skims like no tomorrow! I don't use the filter componant, just use it for skimming. So, think about getting one, you can probably find one used on eBay or somewhere. I will never part with mine! I also use a BakPak that is awesome, but too large for a 20g.

see ANOTHER resason for me to get a bigger tank :)
the back of my tank looks like a technology convention....

J.Lloy
02-13-2006, 02:22 PM
I was able to get the day off so I will be there as well.
what do ppl have for Frags this round I'm looking for some red zoo's as well as white/silver pulsing xenia. Could have some brown colt frags if there is any interest.

oilfield safety
02-13-2006, 02:35 PM
I will be there with a buddy in tow.

Shane

Reefhawk1
02-13-2006, 04:27 PM
Looks like there will be a good turn out for this one. :mrgreen: I think I will attend, I haven't been to a meet in a while.

oilfield safety
02-13-2006, 08:04 PM
Anyone bringing Ricordia frags? I'm looking for Anything bright, pink, orange, green, blue.

Shane

TheReefGeek
02-13-2006, 08:26 PM
Mmmmm...... ric frags......

mr_alberta
02-13-2006, 09:38 PM
Is anyone bringing SPS or is this a softies-fest?

muck
02-13-2006, 09:41 PM
Is anyone bringing SPS or is this a softies-fest?
Not sure if I can make it Harv.. :razz:

mr_alberta
02-13-2006, 11:20 PM
Not sure if I can make it Harv.. :razz:

And why not?? You're only 2 blocks away.:lol:

muck
02-14-2006, 12:12 AM
And why not?? You're only 2 blocks away.:lol:
Its the wifes Birthday and she may have other plans.. :wink:

Pan
02-14-2006, 12:30 AM
Its the wifes Birthday and she may have other plans.. :wink:

buy her a frag for her birthday :)

Pan
02-14-2006, 12:39 AM
I overheard some people at Aquarium Illusions mention reef meet and canreef...so after a quick google search i found myself here. I don't know if i will even have any money to purchase frags or anything else for the moment, university bills and all, but I wouldn't mind meeting people with an interest in this hobby. I've had a 20 something gallon (not sure actually) tank for about 3 months now. (upgrading soon i hope, found some cool cheap lights at a grow op place) It's pretty bare as I havn't had the money to put anything in, well i have some corals that are growing on the live rock i purchased..
l..astrea something or other, or maybe favia something or something favia ( I am new to this and I'm unsure) as well as some blue striped mushrooms that came with some rock a friend gave me. And a brown something polyp (i forget at the moment)

Would it be ok if i attended this meeting?

Thank-you

Pan
02-14-2006, 03:39 AM
Anybody want any brown zoos they are the ones I fragged at the last meet the rock is totally grown over again and spreading on to my porites. If nobody wants any I'll leave them at home. They can bee seen
here http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=22291&page=3 as the big brown fuzzy ball in the front. or in the pic under it right in the middle same zoo different light so they are lighter and not as fuzzy. :mrgreen:

I would not mind some, what would you charge for them at the meet?

geopod
02-14-2006, 03:57 AM
Just show up to the meet see if the Hostess Paula needs an extra bag of chips and you will most likely end up walking out with something for your tank.Gaurenteed.

george

Murminator
02-14-2006, 03:57 AM
I would not mind some, what would you charge for them at the meet?

One hundred meelllllion dolla's

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/7/74/Dr_Evil.jpg/800px-Dr_Evil.jpg

But they do come with "Laser Beams"

If I can't get that 5 bux for the brown ones :mrgreen:

geopod
02-14-2006, 03:58 AM
LMAO at Murryyyyyyyyy hahahahaaahhhahahah

Pan
02-14-2006, 07:07 AM
One hundred meelllllion dolla's

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/7/74/Dr_Evil.jpg/800px-Dr_Evil.jpg

But they do come with "Laser Beams"

If I can't get that 5 bux for the brown ones :mrgreen:

umm, ok i could probably find 5 bucks...maybe even 10 :)

mr_alberta
02-21-2006, 02:51 AM
Alright, sorry guys, I won't be able to make this meet. Maybe next time.

Murminator
02-21-2006, 03:09 AM
Alright, sorry guys, I won't be able to make this meet. Maybe next time.

Just leave the frags on the step then :razz:

J.Lloy
02-21-2006, 02:19 PM
Is anyone interested in a small chocolate chip.

geopod
02-21-2006, 09:39 PM
So who has what left for frags??Or did we all trade before te meet??

george

snailbuddy
02-22-2006, 05:54 PM
So, I did a quick tally, looks like there will be about 25 of us gathering in the small, blue house in Jasper Place! We will have to play nice or someone will get hurt :)

Was a decision actually made regarding a demo? If there is one, what will you need me to supply/do?

It looks like I better have a holding tank ready . . .

I believe I pm'd everyone with my address - if you need directions, go to www.411.ca and do the 'driving directions' thing. It's my personal favorite, gives step-by-step instructions!

Everyone is welcome . . . if I haven't pm'd you yet, please let me know and I will get back to you!

TheReefGeek
02-22-2006, 06:09 PM
Is it ok if I bring a 5g bucket with a heater and powerhead, is there a place to plug in?

snailbuddy
02-22-2006, 06:15 PM
No problem - we'll set you up :)

geopod
02-24-2006, 10:08 PM
baaahhhhh someone pm me Paula's address again and directions.I deleted it by accident....See ya there at 1pm right??

george

rusty
02-25-2006, 12:48 AM
Urrrrrrr .... I am sad to say that due to my job there is no chance in H@## that I can make it, sorry...:mad:

oilfield safety
02-25-2006, 02:05 AM
ARE WE THERE YET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Murminator
02-25-2006, 02:41 AM
Urrrrrrr .... I am sad to say that due to my job there is no chance in H@## that I can make it, sorry...:mad:

and once again I will be working while attending the meet :razz:
.....Frickin "Laser Beams"....I love it Russ ...gotta be in quotes though

snailbuddy
02-25-2006, 03:59 AM
Murray - are you demoing fragging??? What do you need me to do or supply, or are you bringing everything you need . . . oh exciting!!

Murminator
02-25-2006, 04:04 AM
Ok Recap from me

Rory(Reefgeek)....Leather
Joe (Diddy)....Leather
George (Geopod)....Leather & Pom Pom
Jared (J.Lloy)....Red zoos
Ed (Peckerhead :silly: )....zoos(freebies prior Trade)
Lando(Joe Reefer)....Leather(this time with better glue:redface: )

I am also binging 4 pulsing xenia good size $10 and more leather frags $10
and 2 rocks for a fragging demo.... the same brown ones as before(yes the rock is totally covered again I had to cull some tonight that decided to spread:mad: ) $5 a frag
and a rock of white mouth, purple fill, white rings, greenish/yellow skirt nothing great fairly common good accent color though $10 a frag (sorry for the bad pic it is cropped and blown up from anther pic)

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c142/Murminator/greenskirt.jpg

Everything comes mounted on frag plugs....and this time I will bring bags

geopod
02-25-2006, 06:24 AM
I hope you all read this before the meet.If anyone has their specific gravity testers please bring them and we can test them all at the same time to concure whether or not we are all reading the same and adjust if necessary.This way we all kow they all work fine. Food for thought.

george

see ya all there and i will be brining zoo frags as well as flourecent green mushroom frags too and GSP frags. and myself a case of beer...oh sorry thats for when I get home cant drink and drive

snailbuddy
02-25-2006, 07:12 AM
Well . . . you can leave the beer with me . . . I promise it will be safe

fishguyxd
02-25-2006, 02:02 PM
me not able to make it to the meet :(
but if there are frags after the meet pm if your looking to sell.

Beermaster
02-25-2006, 02:58 PM
Well . . . you can leave the beer with me . . . I promise it will be safe
Okay now i am scared lol :D

Myanth
02-25-2006, 03:37 PM
Murray, Green mush souds cool and maybe some zoos.

George, Zoo me up.

I hate it when I have money in my pocket so you guys gotta help me out with that.

Any one want the Coral Banded Shrimp? I'll get him out if so.
CHEAP

Mike

kuatto
02-25-2006, 03:53 PM
Myself and Krisdeann(my blonde hair,blue-eyed beauty :) )will be there.Sorry,have no frags yet,but have cash in hopes of finding something...anything for sale,lol.
How are we set for chairs? I can bring several padded folding chairs if we need them.

Gizmo
02-25-2006, 04:52 PM
I have $$ and blue shrooms to trade, looks like I'll be tracking down murray for a leather and zoos :D

saltynuts
02-25-2006, 05:25 PM
i can,t make it took the wrong day off!(DAM) anyway
the corals will be comeing with j lloy so be nice to him!
and theirs a little something for the host (gsp!)
hope some one take pics of this one!

michika
02-25-2006, 05:28 PM
nice timing Ed!
I was just about to frag those candy canes for you!
I'll bring you some next time we get out to your place!

Dad
02-25-2006, 05:29 PM
Can someone pm me the address to the meet today.
thanks
joe

geopod
02-25-2006, 05:50 PM
sent you the address on pm

bulletsworld
02-25-2006, 08:31 PM
woWZERS! i FORGOT ABOUT THE MEET!

O.k if its not to late I need the address.

Hey Snailbuddy, I forgot your the one with Boston Terrier! I'm looking Boston terrier friends for my hyper female. Damn!

If I missed the meet...sorry guys :0(

muck
02-25-2006, 09:06 PM
sent you a pm Lee.. :wink:

pre-2k
02-25-2006, 11:02 PM
thnx Paula had alot of fun n love ur houes very colourful :BIG:

Murminator
02-25-2006, 11:07 PM
Thanks for hosting Paula...love the bathroom...had a great time thanks for the frags Diddy, Geopod and chipmunk.....and who was that funny feller that made an appearance kinda looked like Muck :razz:

kuatto
02-25-2006, 11:11 PM
Krisdeann and I had a great time.She talked about your place all the way home and how we could do decorate the apartment.:)

Pan
02-25-2006, 11:33 PM
i would have loved to have been there, bloody transmission had to drop in calgary though...

Dad
02-26-2006, 12:13 AM
Great meet Paula you were a great host and have a great looking house you are very talented. The demo was great again Murray and thanks everyone for the frags. Now were will next months meet be at?????????
ps: did anyone find a cookie I lost 48 of them!!!!!!!!

pre-2k
02-26-2006, 12:32 AM
Great meet Paula you were a great host and have a great looking house you are very talented. The demo was great again Murray and thanks everyone for the frags. Now were will next months meet be at?????????
ps: did anyone find a cookie I lost 48 of them!!!!!!!!

im ok with hosting the nex meet im in the NW area but is not as colorful as Paula place .......................

Gizmo
02-26-2006, 12:35 AM
Thanks Paula for the meet! Good times, good to see everyone too.

tcollin
02-26-2006, 01:15 AM
Thanks for having the meet at your place Paula, very sorry about the onion. :redface:

To everyone who asked to be emailed the pictures I took of her place, Paula has graciously agreed to let me post them, so I will as soon as I figure out how.

I think I found about a half dozen of Dad's cookies....mmmmm

Paula, after I get more rock from Reef Geek, I'd like to take you up on your offer for Aquascaping lessons.

Dave

oilfield safety
02-26-2006, 01:53 AM
Thanks Paula, I wish that I could have stayed. As it was I was 20 minutes late picking up the kids. Next time I hope that I won't have to run like an idiot.

I look forward to meeting everyone again soon.

Shane:biggrin:

snailbuddy
02-26-2006, 02:51 AM
Awww . . . you all make me blush! It was fun, so many showed up . . . thanks for your great patience with my tiny little house! What a nice group of people :) Does salt water make people so tall? My neck hurts!!! hee hee! Dad, those were the best cookies ever - I should have grabbed that tin and hidden them - yum! I can't wait for the next meet, but make it after March 24th so I can be there!!! Don't worry about the onion - I have stuff in the strangest places, with so many people it was amazing that it was the only thing that fell! My dogs are exhausted . . . Buddy is still sleeping! Thanks again for coming down :)

J.Lloy
02-26-2006, 02:54 AM
Man what a great time and turn out, thanks again Paula for hosting:biggrin:
Had a real good time and looking forward to seeing all again.

TheReefGeek
02-26-2006, 03:44 AM
Pre-2k has offered to host, but I will offer up my place as well.

It will make me get off my @ss and finish the wall around my tank, the wife will be happy with that!

What sorta date would people like? 4 weeks out, or wait a bit longer, 6 weeks?

oilfield safety
02-26-2006, 04:16 AM
Rory,

6 Weeks sounds good to me.

Shane

TheReefGeek
02-26-2006, 06:11 AM
I think 6 weeks is a good amount of time as well

KrazyKuch
02-26-2006, 08:40 PM
Great meet good see such a great turnout of new people, instead of the same people going to everymeet!!!

And as a result of this meet We ended up going to big als afterward and buying 3 new fish!!!
We got a Powder Blue Tang, a royal blue Pygmy angle, and a Saebe bleeker clown(black with white strips and yellow fin tips!