PDA

View Full Version : WLA Finals

Troy F
08-22-2002, 03:31 AM
Just got back from game 4 of the Coquitlam Adanacs and Victoria Shamrocks quest for the WLA Championship and a chance to play Brampton in the Mann Cup. The Adanacs won 11-10 and it was a great game. I highly recommend you guys check some of it out. Next game is Friday night in Coquitlam (Coquitlam Rec Center) and then game 6 and game 7 (if neccessary) are in Victoria on Sunday and Tuesday respectively. John Grant Jr. and Curt Malawsky led the way for Coquitlam each with 3 goal nights and Pat Coyle and Andy Ogilve were rocks on defens. John Tavares and Derek Malawsky stood out for the Shamrocks. If you like sports this is it. These two teams are loaded with talent, most of the players play in the NLL (pro league) in the winter.

Troy F
08-22-2002, 11:57 PM
I made a little mistake on the schedule. The guys are playing in Victoria at Memorial on Friday then Coquitlam on Sunday and back to Victoria for game 7 if neccessary on Tuesday. Any of you Islanders interested in Lacrosse?

StirCrazy
08-23-2002, 12:00 AM
I think the shamrocks are going to be wraping it up and taking home the cup real soon smile.gif

Steve

Troy F
08-23-2002, 12:10 PM
Do you follow the game Steve? I'm guessing Coquitlam will take the next two for a 4-2 series win. The game tonight is huge as it's always tough to win at Memorial and the Adanacs need to win one there. I had lunch with Coquitlam's president last week and he said they had the Shamrock's 8-2 heading into the third in game 1 and then lost in double OT. That is Memorial Arena for you.

StirCrazy
08-23-2002, 06:54 PM
Kinda.. I just started following it last week actualy.. but I always listent to the playoff results.. it would realy suck if the shamrocks didn't win this year.. they have finnished 1st overall for the last 4 years I think? but never wone the cup.. maby this year.

Steve

Troy F
08-23-2002, 08:25 PM
Victoria won back to back Mann Cups a couple of years ago when they had both Paul and Gary Gate in the line up. One of those wins was back east (the host alternates between East and West) and to win back there is a huge accomplishment because the reffing and a few other things are not usually fair. There were some awesome series between Coquitlam and Victoria over the last few years. Finishing first in the WLA doesn't mean much because the league has no parity. The only teams with money are Coquitlam and Victoria, they pay players which means they win. Coquitlam doesn't get a full line up until part way through the season with injuries and players taking there time after the NLL season ends. On top of that, this year both Coquitlam and Victoria sent quite a number of players back to the World Field Lacrosse Championships in Australia.

My prediction for tonight: one of the teams wins and I'll really go out on a limb here and say one of them loses smile.gif . Coquitlam in 6 :cool:

StirCrazy
08-23-2002, 08:31 PM
hehe, I will take shamrocks in 7, but I ain't touching your other bet.. you probably have it rigged some how.. :D

so that is why it is always thoes two teams in the finals LOL I never knew that.. as I said I just started keeping up with it.. hell I still don't know all the rules.. ;)

Steve

Troy F
08-24-2002, 04:30 AM
Well Steve looks like it will be someone in seven. Victoria won 14-13 tonight.

Troy F
08-26-2002, 03:42 AM
Looks like the only thing that I was right about was when I said it would be a six game series. Victoria won 8-7 in Coquitlam. They'll have a chance at a Mann Cup back in Brampton versus the Excellsiors. Victoria played some awesome D tonight, held Adanacs to just 3 goals in the last two periods. Go Sanderson, go Brampton smile.gif