PDA

View Full Version : Non-target feeding Clams

TheReefGeek
02-07-2006, 10:45 PM
Which clam or clams do not require target feeding? Is it squamosa?

Ruth
02-07-2006, 10:51 PM
I don't think any of them need target feeding except if they are very small. I have squamosa, derasa (sp) and crocea in my tanks - some for over a year and have never target fed. I do feed the tank with either DT's or Phytofeast daily though.

shadowboy
02-08-2006, 01:58 AM
I think all clams benifiet from some sort of feeding regimen, i dont feed anything to my squamosa, but then again I dont have a skimmer, so what would be taken out is feeding my clam, he's healthy and growing like a weed. If you have a smaller tank feeding every day might pollute.
I do have a question though...why would my colts and kenyas, blasto's and everything else be growing so quickly, while my zoo's and ricordeas dont really multiply at all, is there a favorable conditon for them?

tristan

Ruth
02-08-2006, 02:13 AM
I think they benefit from feeding the tank but not from target feeding unless you want to take the clam out and put it in a bucket or small aquarium that is loaded with phyto. I don't think just blasting (or slowly releasing) food directly at them is of much benefit.

shadowboy
02-08-2006, 02:52 AM
sorry my other comment wasnt clear, feeding the tank, not target feeding, my clam just closes up if i try and slowly feed some phyto with a turkey baster

tb