PDA

View Full Version : Feather Stars

Matt
02-06-2006, 03:18 AM
AI (Edmonton) has some feather stars in... I've never seen them before, but they are incredible-looking animals. Research so far says "impossible". Anyone have experience with them?

Matthew

kellehar
02-06-2006, 03:48 AM
goerge had one dont know if he's still got it though?

J.Lloy
02-06-2006, 04:13 AM
I had one for a couple of months but even from the get go it was slowly selfdestrusting losing feathers till it died last week, though the only stars i've had luck with are sand sifters. I might not have had his favorite food in the water hard to say.....but they are sooo cool

Funky_Fish14
02-06-2006, 04:20 AM
Even AI told me they were pretty much impossible when I asked about them, lol, so I dont know why on earth they would order them in!?

Chris

Murminator
02-06-2006, 04:54 PM
Even AI told me they were pretty much impossible when I asked about them, lol, so I dont know why on earth they would order them in!?

Chris

$$$$$.....

Xtasia
02-06-2006, 04:58 PM
$$$$$.....

money.. they are only worth 20 bucks. zerandice had one and maybe still does for a year or so, they are filter feeders so if you have a an over skimmed tank full of sps it will die fairly quickly.

Murminator
02-06-2006, 05:29 PM
money.. they are only worth 20 bucks. zerandice had one and maybe still does for a year or so, they are filter feeders so if you have a an over skimmed tank full of sps it will die fairly quickly.

Then you go buy another and it dies ...but they are soooo cool and you really want one then you buy another. If you do not have the info ...or the LFS info you could buy a few of them.......which turns into lots-o-$$$$. If they only could sell 1 they would never bring them in so someone must be buying them.

Seriak
02-06-2006, 06:14 PM
Isn't it also true that occasionly distibutors will force ship some extra items that they have to the LFS as part of there contract with the LFS. So AI may have had no idea they were getiing them until they were there. Just a thought!

midgetwaiter
02-07-2006, 05:10 PM
Isn't it also true that occasionly distibutors will force ship some extra items that they have to the LFS as part of there contract with the LFS. So AI may have had no idea they were getiing them until they were there. Just a thought!

Yeah this happens once in a while.

You can also just get surprise bags that got stuffed in the wrong box, I've seen some really wierd stuff that way. Wouldn't surprise me at all to hear that's what happened in this case.