PDA

View Full Version : Elegance Corals in Edmonton

Psyire
02-01-2006, 11:21 PM
Did anyone buy any of the Elegance corals that a certain Edmonton LFS recieved around the end of December?

I was just curious as to how you are making out with yours, if you did buy one. I picked up 2 and they are still alive but I wouldn't say they are doing too well. Both show signs of the dreaded and mysterious elegance 'condition'.

Funky_Fish14
02-02-2006, 12:37 AM
The last one I picked up from 'there'(im assuming you mean AI).... about.... a year ago, also ended up getting the elegance 'condition' and dying. It was beautiful, got better from its condition at the store, and did well for a month or so, then it went all caplooey.

Chris

Psyire
02-02-2006, 12:45 AM
Aw man, I was hoping for something other than a 'caplooey' response...

Funky_Fish14
02-02-2006, 12:52 AM
I was hoping I could see some too... for the past 3 years apparently they've been doing badly in captivity.

Reefhawk1
02-02-2006, 03:14 AM
I bought a elegance from golds over a year ago and it is doing awesome. You can see my clown playing in it if you look at my avatar :biggrin:

Funky_Fish14
02-02-2006, 03:25 AM
Ohh wow, very cool!

Quick question.... what are the specs on your tanks, everyone? That has owned an elegance, I mean like, what type of equipment and setups? Im wondering if it might be a certain water issue, or tank style/type?

Chris

reefan1000
02-03-2006, 03:52 AM
picked one up on boxing day. So far it looks good.

Reefhawk1
02-03-2006, 04:37 AM
Previously I had the Elegance in my 180 gallon tank. It is now in a 30 gallon cube. At first while the tank was re establishing I didnt think it was doing so hot but now it is doing great. Elegance corals don't like the greatest water quality. They are very forgiving and like to be on the bottom of the tank on a sandy bottom. Also extremely bright light isn't required, VHO or power compact will suffice.

Psyire
02-03-2006, 04:59 AM
It's definately strange because I don't really dose anything besides Kalk via. my topoff water. Although I've read they can be sensitive to this..

It's great to hear that some people are having luck with them though. I hope mine pull through, they are very nice corals.