PDA

View Full Version : The Ghetto

Stab_Master_Arson
02-01-2006, 08:59 AM
2 perculas who think they are green chromis. 4 green chromis. 1 brown heniochus. 1 tiger tail cucumber and 8 turbo snails. 2 large hermit crabs and 8 feather dusters.

They are all located in a 50 gal (long) acrylic aquarium that has seen better days. The aquarium is illuminated with a luxurious NO fixture from Canadian Tire. Sitting in the fixture are some coralife bulbs...1 50/50 and 1 daylight.

Filtering this bad boy is the filstar canister.

40lbs of figi (only the cheapest for my tank) live rock is nicely placed in the middle of the tank.

The substrate is a mixture of crushed coral and sugar sand at a 1:3 ratio.

The tank thrives and the current readings are

PH 8.2
Nitrate: 15 ppm
Amonia 0 ppm
Nitrite 0 ppm
temp 79

I am very happy with the results. Relatively cheap...relatively..... and effective.

I plan on growing some sofies soon.

Live stock habbits:

The perculas follow the chromis school around.

The heniochus sits there watching the perculas acting like fools.

The snals love to stick themselves to the feather dusters and uproot them.

The hermit crabs like to get stuck upside down in between rocks.

The Tiger tail comes out at night and feeds. He found hiself a nice little cave in a larger chunk of rock.

I seriously have never been stuck with such incompetant fish and inverts in my life. They always facinate me with their antics. I just have make sure that I check every morning and help an upside down snail or a wedged in crab.

Note: Can chromis become full? They keep eating and eating and eating and eating.

TheReefGeek
02-01-2006, 07:06 PM
I had a chromis that thought he was a lyretail anthias, followed them everywhere they went!

My chromis never got full either, such pigs! :mrgreen:

How long has this tank been setup?

Stab_Master_Arson
02-01-2006, 11:15 PM
I had a chromis that thought he was a lyretail anthias, followed them everywhere they went!

My chromis never got full either, such pigs! :mrgreen:

How long has this tank been setup?

This is my thrid tank and this tank has been set-up for about 2 months now. The latest edition was the heniochis. Chromis might be a dime a dozen but they are really neat little fish....They also eat everything and anything.

Skimmerking
02-10-2006, 04:19 PM
Bought my
chromis almost 1 year ago and still they are small when i bought them.

mike

danny zubot
02-10-2006, 04:58 PM
I seriously have never been stuck with such incompetant fish and inverts in my life.

Haha, don't you hate it when fish don't act the was they're supposed to.:lol: I guess good fish are hard to come by now days.:wink: