PDA

View Full Version : About Chiclets... Fish pr0n discuss.

Xtasia
01-31-2006, 11:00 PM
Does anyone know if you put a DEFINITE female dwarf Cichlid in with a DEFINITELY MALE dwarf cichlid.. that they will eventually mate? (if you were the last fish on earth....)

Are fish particular about their mate or will any fish of the opposite gender do? how faithful are CHICLETS (why do people always pronounce Cichlids this way?)

Hollah!

Diana
01-31-2006, 11:28 PM
No they will not nessecarily mate, but its likely.

If they really dont like each other, and the tank isnt big enough, the male could quite possibly end up killing the female or vice versa.

I've seen a few cases where a male krib and a female krib were put together that just didnt get along, and eventually the male killed the female.

If the tank is big enough though they might just go on living indefinately without ever pairing up or mating.

But, like i said before, I think that circumstance is far more rare than if they were to just pair up.

:)
-Diana

Invigor
02-01-2006, 01:28 AM
I always had a soft spot for kribs..I think they're neat. rams are pretty cool too

Johnny Reefer
02-01-2006, 02:00 AM
... CHICLETS (why do people always pronounce Cichlids this way?) Really? That's the first I've heard that.
FWIW and for anyone who cares...it's pronounced sicklid.

Cheers,:smile:

Invigor
02-01-2006, 02:11 AM
I used to work in a store, and "sichlids" was my favorite. chicklids was the only other way I've heard it. one guy tried telling me his oscar WAS AN OSCAR NOT A CICHLID! .. :rolleyes: