PDA

View Full Version : reef meet feb 25 or 26

saltynuts
01-31-2006, 04:23 PM
thought i would start a new thread for this meet.
snailbuddy has been nice enough to set this one up.
not to sure on the date but their are feb 25 and 26.
i am sure shell let us know

michika
01-31-2006, 04:30 PM
25th sounds good to me!

howdy20012002
01-31-2006, 04:39 PM
I am looking forward to it..count me in.
I will see what frags i can bring this time
any ideas on what demo we should have?
Neal

Murminator
01-31-2006, 04:54 PM
I'm in :mrgreen:

saltynuts
01-31-2006, 05:04 PM
how to be nice to ed.lol
maybe someone could demo frag plug building! (muck or rusty) hint hint!

Joe Reefer
01-31-2006, 05:05 PM
Can I come? :mrgreen:

pre-2k
01-31-2006, 05:12 PM
im in to but dont have ne frags yet but i can buy rite !!!!!!!!!!

saltynuts
01-31-2006, 05:14 PM
Can I come? :mrgreen:
only if you bring my pipe organ! now stop changeing your name so i know who i am talking to!

Joe Reefer
01-31-2006, 05:29 PM
only if you bring my pipe organ! now stop changeing your name so i know who i am talking to!

OK:biggrin:

TheReefGeek
01-31-2006, 05:39 PM
I posted this in the thread for the last meet, but will re-post here:

This will be my first meet, great to know there are people in Edmonton meeting regularly, I wish I found Canreef sooner!

I will bring the following frags if people are interested:

1. Colt coral (as many as people want)
2. Kenya tree (as many as people want)
3. Brown pulsing xenia (as many as people want)
4. White pulsing xenia (1 or 2 only)
5. Star polyps (1 or 2 only)
6. Some calurpa if growth is good - razor and bubble
7. Rubble rock for fragging
8. Dry reef rock if anyone is interested (will be in car if you want to see it)

I could demo how I setup my really safe auto top off system that includes my RODI unit. This might be boring, people can just ask me at the meet too.

tcollin
02-01-2006, 12:45 AM
----if you've read this, ignore to next border-----
Just to get that out of the way right off the bat. I called J&L back, and asked "what would the per-unit price massage be for ordering 10 or more units? " and he said "I can give you 10 percent per unit." so that works out to about $58.45 before taxes per unit. So if youse guys wants a group order, come up with some names. I'm sure Ed has a credit card he is dying to melt to get this stuff here faster.

On a side note, I asked the same fine gentleman if they might be interested to send us some demo equipment that we can play with and do "show and tell" at the next meeting. he said to email him, as they had never been asked that before. let me know what kind of toys you would like to see, and Ed can't ask for big toys. stuff that is cool that you might not think of having in your setup, or maybe stuff you have that others don't. And it has to be easy to ship. So it has to be smaller than Ed's head.

-----stop ignore-----

Just got off the phone with Josh from Marine Aquatica. I had called him to get a price per unit. he says that if we can get a dozen firm orders, he can do a per unit price of $60.00 including tax. And we don't pay shipping since he is here in town. Just a thought.

tbone
02-01-2006, 12:49 AM
what if we got more ppl ordering?

i count me in.

Dad
02-01-2006, 07:59 PM
I will take one too. ( Sorry everyone but I don't need one now )

TheReefGeek
02-01-2006, 08:06 PM
tcollin, you should probably post the $60.00 price w/tax in the actual refractometer thread to get more interest going.

rusty
02-01-2006, 09:47 PM
how to be nice to ed.lol
maybe someone could demo frag plug building! (muck or rusty) hint hint!
Demo..... I could probalbely do that :mrgreen:

mr_alberta
02-01-2006, 09:58 PM
Russ the teacher?!? :eek: Very scary! :lol:

muck
02-01-2006, 10:10 PM
Russ the teacher?!? :eek: Very scary! :lol:

hahaha... Now that is funny. :lol:

snailbuddy
02-01-2006, 10:26 PM
Cool, a new thread! Good idea and good thing I found it :)
Demo can't be on being nice to Ed - no one would come lol
OK - the meet will be on Saturday, Feb 25 at 1:00
I will pm everyone interested with my address the week before
Everyone is welcome! Bring lots of frags for trade/sell.
REFRACTOMETER - Can I get in on that deal too? Please??

geopod
02-02-2006, 02:12 AM
I will be there for this one......

george

nano-man
02-05-2006, 07:35 AM
Paying attenion, looking forward to the day. keep the info cumming.Mark

scub steve
02-05-2006, 08:15 AM
im in on the meet and the refractometer if i dont smash my tank between now and then lol

Pan
02-08-2006, 07:26 AM
I'm new to all this, found a forum somewhere in the states before i found this one. I have my tank going for about 2 months now. I have wow...some mushrooms and two unidentified as yet corals...I will figure it out as soon as school gives me a break long enough to do it. I would like to come to the meet if only to meet people with interest in a hobby all my friends call crazy...well except one. It's facinating...i keep finding all kinds of wierd new things in my tank :) I do have 3 fish though...2 true percs and a sixline wrasse..and a few inverts...i like them all...even..sometimes the urchin(was a gift, so i took it or it died)
Is anyone welcome at the meet> and where would it be and what time...i'm sure it is mentioned in the postings, but it's almost 2am and it's easier for someone to tell me then to look :)
is there a posting somewhere of poeples tanks on here? i love to see them all.

snailbuddy
02-08-2006, 01:56 PM
Welcome! We love to have new people - feel free to come to the meet. it will be at my place because I'm being punished :) I will pm all as to the where and when this week. There seems to be a few threads going, so I'm starting a new one so everyone can post as to whether they are coming, what they are bringing, etc. Talk later!