PDA

View Full Version : Opinions: CoralVue Electronic 250watt Ballast

AndyL
01-31-2006, 05:21 AM
Anyone have an opinion on the coralvue 250w electronic ballast? From what I've read it's a jack of all trades (hqi, pulse, probe start), which I like, price on premiumaquatics is right (103$).

Andy

Psyire
01-31-2006, 07:39 PM
I wouldn't go with one. Coralvue has had some pretty tough luck with a hurricane wiping out their office. I think they are back on track now though, however I know a guy who went through 4-5 of their 175w eballasts. Wasn't too encouraging. I strongly recommend looking at EVC's electronic ballasts, everyone who uses one likes them. (myself included) Vince is topnotch when it comes to customer service as well. www.oceanencounter.com

Jaws
02-01-2006, 09:37 AM
I run 4 250W CoralVue Electronic Ballasts and have only had a problem with one of them shutting off and on in about a year and a half span. I don't have anything bad to say about them but I don't have anything else to compare them to either.

Scuba Steve
02-23-2006, 11:56 PM
I would not buy another one spend a little and get something better. (ice cap)

shotzee
02-24-2006, 12:12 AM
I have had one running for over a year now with no issues. It has been dependable and was exactly what I was looking for at a price I could actually afford. The only issue I had was the fans that they use to blow into the ballast to cool it stopped working. After contacting them they helped me to realize that they were pretty much pointless anyways since electronic ballasts run so cool already.