PDA

View Full Version : I know how I will be spending my little bonus.....

Delphinus
07-04-2002, 05:07 PM
Well congratulations! Fantastic.

I always kind of wondered how many "young families" there are out there in this hobby. No kids myself, always kind of wondered how much I would have to curtail myself if I ever did find myself a parent... (eek!) ;)

Good luck to you and your family.

DJ88
07-04-2002, 06:39 PM
CONGRATS PATRICK!!!!

smile.gif

Might I suggest a name? find your fav fish or coral and throw a latin bit of it in his/her name.. ;)

BCReefer
07-04-2002, 07:18 PM
Sixline Wrasse Shannon.

has a nice ring to it. :D

or maybe Monti Pora.

Good idea Darren.

the main reason I cannot expand my tank is that the wife will be able to get to find work so it is just my income and we are saving to buy a Townhouse in 2 years.

Cheers,

SuperFudge
07-04-2002, 08:13 PM
Congrats Patrick! :D

I think you should atleast consider Fudge/Fudgett for a name. ;) .

Cheers to your new addition,Marc.

Troy F
07-04-2002, 11:13 PM
Congratulations to you and your family Patrick! smile.gif

Doug
07-04-2002, 11:33 PM
May I also offer my congratulations to you & your wife.

Having 2 sons, a daughter and two young grandaughters, I know how it is. :D

smokinreefer
07-05-2002, 02:52 AM
congrats :D

kris
07-05-2002, 03:24 AM
congratulations to you and your family, and all the best to you.

kris

BCReefer
07-05-2002, 04:39 AM
Well I know what I will spending my bonus on…..

A new baby. It looks like we will be the proud parents of a new baby sometime next Feb/Mar.

I know I should always wait until the 1st trimester is over but I am an impatient bugger so I just head to tell.

This will be my 2nd and my 1st is just over 3 and he helps me out with the tank anytime I ask. His job is to feed the 2 fresh water tanks, so hopefully the new bundle of joy will also enjoy.

So since I now have another mouth to feed I am putting off all expansion plans and curtailing all new purchases as much as possible. I look forward to purchasing smaller frags from my fellow hobbyist which is usually cheaper vs. buying from J&L or others.

Will thought I would share my good news.

Cheers all

Patrick

BC_Grl
07-06-2002, 04:44 AM
patrick,
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:D :D :D
I am happy for you. And it will be nice that the 2 kids will be close in age, too.
Let us know how the pregnancy is coming along.
I have 1 -that's it!- and he is 5. What a handful!

BC_Grl
07-06-2002, 04:48 AM
btw Doug,
How old is "too dang old?" Sometimes I feel like that even though I am hoping 34 is not too old. I work with a few "kids" (very early 20's) and they think over 30 is old.
How old are your kids? smile.gif

Mak
07-06-2002, 04:51 AM
Congratulations smile.gif ,

Another Reefer, sounds great to me. Good luck to you and your family ;) .

Cheers,
Mak

Doug
07-06-2002, 10:05 AM
Hi Jeanna,
As George Burns sang, "oh I wish I was 34 again" :D

I suppose to 30 year olds, being 50 is old. But to many 70 & 80 year olds, 50 is young again. :D

Anyways, dont want to intrude on Patricks thread to much. Been married for 34 years next week. I have a 33 yr. old son, a 25 yr. old son and my baby girl is 30. :D She always was and still is daddy,s little girl,{even though she is married :D }. They have two beautiful daughters, 4 & 1. They are the main reason I took early retirement and moved here to watch them grow up and of course spoil the heck out of them. :D

We were going to live on the island near Parksville until our daughter married & settled in Brandon.

Mares77
07-09-2002, 02:11 AM
Congragulation...