PDA

View Full Version : GBTA Splits Video

Beverly
01-30-2006, 04:25 PM
Darn! We were just getting used to our lovely GBTA, when it splits last Friday. Didn't realize it had split until the two GBTAs were fully separated late Saturday.

Made a short video of the two GBTAs on Sunday.....

http://www.lostmymarblz.com/v-gbta-split-ja-29-06.wmv
(320 x 240 pixels, 8.7 MB, 1:58 minutes)

OCDP
01-30-2006, 04:41 PM
Wow, a split already Bev? I'll have to check out the video once I am home from work :)

Just by chance do you do frequent water changes and do you frequently feed the anemone? If so, this would contribute to the sudden split IMO.

Scott

Beverly
01-30-2006, 06:06 PM
Scott,

Do weekly water changes in all our BB tanks. Also siphon out a lot of crud from them all. Have more algae on the glass problems with the GBTA tank (37g, 24"x18"x24" high) than with our other two BB tanks, so often do 20% water changes on it. Has only a pair of ocellaris clowns in it for fish that are fed once daily. No other animals in there to feed but the GBTA, well, now it's TWO GBTAs :neutral:

When we first got it, fed small amounts of PE mysis every 2-3 days. For the past month or so have been feeding it PE mysis every 3-4 days.

The tank our GBTA came from had several clones in it. I was told by the tank's owner that the GBTAs were seldom directly fed and they all kept splitting like crazy on him. His lighting is 250w MH, my lighting is 175w MH.