PDA

View Full Version : Scooter Blennies

Ruth
01-29-2006, 05:27 PM
I have one Scooty in my display tank (230g) and one in my fuge (that I rescued from the LFS as it was sooo skinny) I am just wondering if I would be OK to move the one in the fuge to the display? I want to keep my fuge as a fuge and having a pod eater in there is probably not the best thing to do - I just couldn't stand how skinny the poor little thing was. He's nice and fat now!

saltynuts
01-29-2006, 05:35 PM
set him free!

Ruth
01-29-2006, 05:40 PM
You made me giggle. He is actually very happy where he is - pod haven - it's just me that wants him out of there but don't want the boys to fight!

saltynuts
01-29-2006, 05:55 PM
if he looks good and eats well then it should not be to bad lots of room in the 230.they might duke it out for a little while but all should be good.
and if you want your pods you better do it fast.

Funky_Fish14
01-29-2006, 07:41 PM
Ditto what Ed said. Even if they are both males, I dont think there should be too many problems in a 230. I had what I believed to be two males in my 75, and they got along just fine, every once in awhile they would chase each other around but then they would just about sit together.... lol. They might have been females and I sexed them wrong? Or just a very similar looking pair.

Im sure it will do great, and enjoy the greater space. Good luck!

Chris

Delphinus
01-30-2006, 05:46 AM
Would 2 male scooters fight? Seems to me mostly they just sort of "shake angrily" at anything that annoys them. But I don't think I've ever had 2 males so not sure what would happen for sure on that one.

You sure they're both males? Because if you have a male and a female they'll likely spawn. The dragonet mating dance they do is a rather exquisite ballet, it is incredible to watch.

Males will have a larger dorsal fin flag than females. Pretty straightforward to tell them apart.