PDA

View Full Version : Restricted species closed..

DJ88
07-02-2002, 05:35 AM
Due to comments made again this thread has been closed and will be if it is opened again if it is not kept to the topic the thread is about.

Corals.. It's as easy as that guys.. Make it difficult and it gets difficult.

Sorry to sound mean but.. that's the way it goes.

[ 02 July 2002, 01:37: Message edited by: DJ88 ]

Mak
07-02-2002, 05:39 AM
Doh... I knew it.

DJ88
07-02-2002, 05:40 AM
MAK you have a PM. take a read of it..

bcdope
07-02-2002, 05:42 AM
Like my avie?

[ 02 July 2002, 01:46: Message edited by: bcdope ]

DJ88
07-02-2002, 06:20 AM
Moved to the lounge.

Doug
07-02-2002, 11:08 AM
You know, I just dont understand. Whats with the smoking reference? Whats that have to do with reefing? Has nothing to do with anyone,s beliefs either, just not needed on an aquarium board.

Wonderful thing for young aquarists to be reading. They will think reefers, are really that! smile.gif

Cant we talk reefs without screaming censorship, just because moderators do the job they are suppose to. Same crap on all the boards to, so stop with the its only here. Of course all the boards are censored somewhat, what would you expect.

The posts being made on corals that should be banned, is one thats important to me also. Excellent points were being brought up. But some were over the line a bit. It can be discussed without that and now it gets closed because of that. An excellent thread is lost.

This could have been done by pm alone, but since its out here, time to respond also. I am no angel either. Been into it a few times on several boards. Believe me, it gets nowhere.

Some say, go to such & such board,they dont close threads there. Yea right. Threads like these, where arguments persist, is what scares away new boards members. I have seen it over and over. Some of the other boards have only half a page of posts a day. I was and still am on them all, when the post wars were allowed to continue. Tons of aquarists left and have not returned.They once had pages like the biggest board. Eveyone says they censor to many posts & the mods are quick triggered, but ever notice where everyone posts. Hmmmmm.

Anyways, after years on these boards, these are some of MY opinions. As a side note, I know lots of aquarists, long time experienced ones, that no longer contibute to the boards because of not being able to stick to aquarium related topics. And for each one of them, there are a dozen more. All that experience lost. :(

[ 02 July 2002, 07:44: Message edited by: Doug ]

Aquattro
07-02-2002, 01:00 PM
Well said, Doug. I'm sure most agree with you!

Mak
07-02-2002, 11:30 PM
"What's with the smoking reference?" you ask.

Well I ask "What's with the drinking reference?" Alcohol kills how many people each day? How many parents get drunk the beat the out of there kids, wives,etc.

I don't beleive neither should be brought up, but they do.

Sorry but look at SMOKINREEFERS Avatar... A baby looking like its smoking a joint. almost all you guys praised him for it calling it "The best Avatar" come on, give us a break.

I asked you guys if I should stay or leave... Most of you said stay...so I did...And recieved almost no replys to my threads...THX

[ 02 July 2002, 19:55: Message edited by: Troy F ]

Doug
07-03-2002, 10:28 AM
Mak, I agree. Neither should be brought up on an aquarium board, except perhaps, in some context,{in good taste}, in the lounge. And my reference was to all, nobody in particular.

As for my views on the Avatars, I was also relating to any of them in general and on most boards for that matter.

My post was an over-all personal view of incidents such as this on various boards and the exodus of posters because of it.

And no, I dont wish anyone to leave. I was asked to help moderate for my experience, to expand out east, and to help increase member ship, which is one reason for relating my experience,s on other boards.

On a personal note, I agree with your first two comments. Believe me, I know what your saying. And as I said, I see no problem with talking about some of those views in the lounge, as long as it does not get out of line.

But there is no need for its steady reference in the reefing forum.

smokinreefer
07-03-2002, 07:27 PM
i really don't want to get involved in a petty thread like this, but since my name was mentioned...

hmmm...my avatar, is just that, an avatar, a picture that suggests something that plays along with my BB name. and that's it.

i participate on this BB and others to discuss reefs.

though it is natural to sway off topic when discussing things with people you know and are familiar with, i do my best to keep things reef related.

however i do not, make off base comments regarding my other pastimes, hoibbies and habits whatever they maybe, if not in an appropraite contributing manner.

if i wanted to do that, i would join a BB, where that is acceptable. its simply a matter of coutesy, respect and manners.

now if people have constructive things, questions,or comments to say to me, whether they are positive or negative...i can accept and deal with that. go ahead ask me a legitamite question and i will be more than happy to respond.

but if you do not have anything constructive to say...do not direct it to me.

you must consider this...being that we discuss things on this BB via typed words and not face to face, not able to see your face, hear your tone, see your expressions and gestures...your typed words become very powerful and leave a strong impression. and trust me...first impressions are hard to change.

hey, i'm probably just ranting b/c i don't like the direction i see this great BB is heading. but as mentioned earlier...it looks like tempers have flared and tension is high...maybe we should all just sit back for a bit and let things cool down and boil over...from my stand point as an outside observer...this all seems quite petty. lets forgive and forget. OK?
(as long as we all learn from this)

BC_Grl
07-06-2002, 05:23 AM
Well said gentlemen.
I came here to learn about "Reefs" (etc) before we actually set up our tank. And yes, have a little fun.
But I, for one, am thankful that we do have moderators to help keep us focused on why we came to this BB in the first place to have a little fun while we are discussing Reefs- and possibly learn a thing or two! smile.gif