PDA

View Full Version : reef-roids

saltynuts
01-28-2006, 12:41 AM
has anyone in edmonton seen a place you can get this stuff.
i would like to know before i order some up!
thanks

demon666
01-28-2006, 04:10 AM
hey ed if you do order lets do a group order on this stuff.....save the shipping.

OCDP
01-28-2006, 04:55 PM
i plan on ordering some as well.. but im in Calgary. :neutral:

lil_clownfish13
01-29-2006, 05:20 PM
id likely be in for it too-- shipping aint bad to begin with, $5 bucks a bottle for shipping ... they eat about 3-4 bucks of the ship cost...

but ya-- group order :)

KrazyKuch
01-30-2006, 10:03 PM
I would be in for some....How much were they again??

rigger11
01-30-2006, 10:12 PM
like 20 bucks

saltynuts
02-03-2006, 09:14 PM
just to let you all know AI carries reef roids.
they are getting it in wed.
and i think they will steal all your money! lol

lil_clownfish13
02-03-2006, 09:49 PM
if they try to charge more than 20 bucks--- just order it online--

tbone
02-03-2006, 10:06 PM

i think they do.
i was there the other day and they were selling cleaner shrimp for 45 bucks...
holy.

fishguyxd
02-04-2006, 02:19 AM
Who is the vendor or web site on this stuff
I assume this is the same stuff as the sample packs that went out a couple weeks ago?

Psyire
02-04-2006, 02:48 AM
www.polyplab.com

Yep, same stuff.

Dabbler
02-09-2006, 02:52 AM
I now remember why I have stopped coming buy this site, as often as I use to. This constant dribble coming out of people over 1 store.

Yes AI is carrying reef roids and it is the same price, so the high price Boogie men can go back in there closet.

Yes I stick up for the store and NO I don't work there. I find that AI is one of the best stores in town, why you ask, here are a few examples of what they have done for me

I was cleaning my AC 500 on one of my fresh tanks and I drop the filter, smash a billion pieces. I look at my watch and it is 9:00pm, I call AI and they are closed but Ron picks up the phone. I tell him my story and ask if he has a new one and if he can set it out back for me to pick up, well he said he would wait for me (It took me 15 -20 mins to get there). No extra charge....actually 10% off if I remember right.

I went out of country and had my Brother-in-law watching my fish while I was gone I got a couple of emgy numbers from AI and he had to call them once and they helped him out over the phone, they were ready to come over but called a second time and things were better ( false alarm )

These are some of the examples I find with this store

And the most funny part is.......most of the people who knock the store.....get this....I see shopping there

geopod
02-09-2006, 07:28 PM
got my can from AI and the price is still the same as Polyp lab..It is truely an amazing product.Reccomend to evryone with a reef tank

george

saltynuts
02-09-2006, 08:10 PM
i got mine too!

S-B
02-09-2006, 08:18 PM
We have them in Winnipeg !!

muck
02-09-2006, 08:36 PM
We have them in Winnipeg !!
Not sure how this is relevant to the Edmonton Reef Club Forum.. :wink:

lil_clownfish13
02-09-2006, 08:52 PM
its pretty decent stuff! makes my frogspawn very happy-- but the cleaner shrimp doesnt know what to think-- she goes mental on the roids..haha

snailbuddy
02-10-2006, 03:26 PM
Those Reef-Roids sound pretty amazing . . . I always like to hear what people think about a product before I buy it - I've thrown out more junk than I want to admit!

I was in at AI the other day (what else is new??? I live dangerously close), and they are selling them for $19.99. sounds like a good deal - I must go down asap and get some before it's all gone! I love watching the critters go goofy for stuff!!!

Flame.Boy
02-17-2006, 04:05 AM
AI has never sold cleaner shrimp for 45$?
yes i work there, but the only shrimo over 40$ is fireshrimp

and AI is a hell of alot better then place like big als, where they have 1 filter for the whole saltwater section...1 fish has a disease...the whole system has it.

We have a filter for each bank of fish AND we quarentine them for 2 weeks.

and reef roids are 20$

so you dont have to worry about us "stealing" your money...because really...your paying for quality.

Myanth
02-17-2006, 05:36 AM
I have no problem with AI's livestock prices. I know that I will get a quality specimen and if I don't, they will help me out. I like that they quarantine on site and that they have multiple systems, although that is for their own safety.

I do, however have a problem with that same huge markup being applied to dry goods. Are you quarantining your remora skimmers? Or are they twice the MSRP for another reason.

Mike
Sorry..... Bitter that my wife got taken for a ride buying for me for Christmas.

Other than that.... AI's been great and you will still find me there often.

michika
02-17-2006, 04:33 PM
FIC,

Cleaning shrimp were indeed approx $40 a piece. Mind you that price stood up until at least July of 2005.

I would perhaps suggest that you curb your tone, as many of us do have choices of where we purchase and your behavior will affect how customers perceive AI. As of right now you are acting as an embassador for that store.

Willow
02-17-2006, 05:04 PM
whoo return of the vendors forum :razz:

christyf5
02-17-2006, 05:35 PM
Keep the thread on topic guys.