monza
01-24-2006, 06:38 AM
http://www.aquariumspecialty.com/catalog/video/vortech.mpg

http://www.aquariumspecialty.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=422

not yet on the market.

Dave

albert_dao
01-24-2006, 07:21 AM
I've been waiting for these ever since Melev first posted the video sometime last year. I wonder what the retail price will be once it's released.

Tarolisol
01-24-2006, 08:20 AM
Thats crazy how its magnatized through the glass so it can be put anywhere, I want one :) Now to find out how much its gonna cost.

Chin_Lee
01-24-2006, 02:21 PM
looks really sweet. another toy on the to-buy list for 2-3 years down the road. We should start a "Price is Right" poll to see who gets the nearest MSRP for the product. i think they are going to start at $185.

Ruth
01-24-2006, 02:58 PM
Those do look cool and I think they will start somewhere closer to $250. It will be interesting to see if they can put out the same kind of flow that the Tunze's can. Personally I don't see that much difference between them and the Tunze's as far as moving them around (with the magnet attachment) It's just that you have less "stuff" inside the tank and more "stuff" outside the tank.

OCDP
01-24-2006, 03:10 PM
Which is the whole point... to have more out than in (i would only assume). I think I will give one of these a try one day down the road... when and if the price drops a bit haha :lol: . Very cool idea though :cool:

Ruth
01-24-2006, 03:26 PM
Well I know but it is still basically in the same place and not out of sight - it just stops it from protruding a few inches inside the display - your still going to see the whole thing when you look at your tank.

Chin_Lee
01-24-2006, 03:54 PM
you are right there Ruth. When I was watching the video, I had to look really closely to see if the device on the left side of the tank was a Tunze or not. Initially i thought the left side was a tunze and the right side was the product and were placed in such manner to compare the two products side by side. But when I realized that the left device just has the guard on it, it didn't really make much a difference; mind you that my observations is entirely from the video which is not the greatest of quality. I really like the unit without the guard but there might be just a little too many pieces of fish/inverts if that was put into a reef tank.

Well I know but it is still basically in the same place and not out of sight - it just stops it from protruding a few inches inside the display - your still going to see the whole thing when you look at your tank.

OCDP
01-24-2006, 03:58 PM
I think this product will be good for nano tanks with limited space like my 20g. Having things on the outside is much better than having those extra few inches inside the tank. My two Seio 620's are a PITA because there is one on each side of my tank, and are very intruding and block parts of the tank.. this is why I think this product is a very cool idea, keeping less inside and more outside is fine by me!

danny zubot
01-24-2006, 03:59 PM
I'm gonna say $209.99, Do I win one if I'm closest?:biggrin:

bluetang
01-24-2006, 04:31 PM
One problem with this product, actually two...
You cannot direct the flow like you can with the tunze. there is no swivel on it to direct in an different directions.
Secondly.. you will just have more clutter outside of the tank. There will be wires hanging of the outside of the tank adding to the getto effect:neutral: . At least with a Tunze you can run the wires up and inside the canopy or if you dont have a conopy you can run them along the top and down the back.

Cool idea though..:biggrin: