PDA

View Full Version : Help Me Win Photo Contest

Samw
06-29-2002, 12:59 AM
Hi Guys.

I just found out that my photo has made it into the About Saltwater Aquariums Photo Contest. I know I've got a restricted species here but if you like my photo, please vote. smile.gif

http://saltaquarium.about.com/library/blank/blpcontestjune02coral.htm

Thanks.

stephane
06-29-2002, 12:14 PM
Yes your photo is IMO the one who should win because it is absolutly beautiful

BUT why have you buy a flower pots? :( you know it's condame to death in your tank? imagine the beautiful coral it have grow in nature!!!!!but it will finish in a piece of base rock :(

I realy dont understand why saltwater aquarium take two pic of flower pot in there contest it's only promote people to buy them :mad:

[ 29 June 2002, 08:24: Message edited by: stephane ]

Troy F
06-29-2002, 02:13 PM
Sam, I'm moving this to the Lounge. Stephane, good points. Educate them man.

Tau2301
06-29-2002, 03:15 PM
I have just voted for your coral based on appearance - excellent photo of a beautiful coral.

I am not to up on corals and don't know why this is a restricted species. You probably got it at a LFS and by doing so saved it's life.

I know the reasoning behind not buying restricted species from a LFS, but what is the alternative - let it die in the store just to prove a point.

Best of luck with your coral and the contest.

stephane
06-29-2002, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by Tau2301:
I have just voted for your coral based on appearance - excellent photo of a beautiful coral.

I am not to up on corals and don't know why this is a restricted species. You probably got it at a LFS and by doing so saved it's life.

I know the reasoning behind not buying restricted species from a LFS, but what is the alternative - let it die in the store just to prove a point.

Best of luck with your coral and the contest.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">First he have not save is life because they just dont survive more than 18 month in captivity so he will die anyway and that why I tell him this

Second very bad tinking IMO If we let it die in a LFS THE LFS WOULD NOT ORDER
THEM ANYMORE but if there people to buy it he will reorder them again and again

[ 29 June 2002, 11:47: Message edited by: stephane ]

Samw
06-29-2002, 06:00 PM
Thanks Kim and Stephane for photo comments!!! smile.gif smile.gif

As for it being difficult, yes thanks, I know the song and dance as I mentioned.

I got it from a reputable LFS that we all love. They didn't order them. They gave me a good price to get them out of their tanks. I went for it to see if its as bad as everyone says.

[ 29 June 2002, 14:13: Message edited by: Sam W ]