PDA

View Full Version : Calgary Dog People

EmilyB
01-23-2006, 06:06 AM
Someone we know had their top show Ridgeback attacked by a Great Dane in the Sandy Beach area. The owner of the Dane grabbed the Ridgeback, who listened to her while her Dane tore off his testicles. She quickly left the area and there are some pretty angry people looking to prosecute.

It is a blue dane with floppy ears.

muck
01-23-2006, 06:13 AM
Oh man.. thats so awful. :sad:

Murminator
01-23-2006, 05:50 PM
:shocked!: Shouldn't be too tough to find can't be that many danes around. Maybe local vets may have some info on dane owners in the area.

Can't imagine parting with the boys that way

AndyL
01-24-2006, 12:05 AM
You'd be surprised at how many danes are at sandy beach / river park daily, that's where I take cody for his walks. Must be 30+ that I see regularly (and you just can't miss them).

For those of us who are ignorant - just what color is blue? :mrgreen:

Ruth
01-24-2006, 12:30 AM
That is terrible! That dog owner should be prosecuted - and to leave is just not understandable. I can think of a few things that should probably happen to her but won't mention them - use your own imagination.

EmilyB
01-24-2006, 11:41 PM
Andy it's a steely grey http://www.usfreeads.com/360330-cls.html

The vets won't release info but the breeder looking after this is well known in the dog community for many years and will be talking to the Great Dane Club in Calgary.

I suppose its highly doubtful she'll go back there for a while, so she may be walking him elsewhere.

By the way, the one chomp complete took in the Ridgebacks entire hindquarters, from top of tail to scrotum. Pretty scary when you think of a smaller dog.

Johnny Reefer
01-25-2006, 01:15 AM
As a future Great Dane owner, (sometime within the next 40 years, hopefully), I am concerned to hear that a Dane would have done this.
They are normally quite docile aren't they?
This is unusual for a Great Dane, right?

Good luck in your investigation.

Reefhawk1
01-25-2006, 04:14 AM
It is unfortunate dog owners don't take responsibility for their pets actions these days. I hope the owner of the Great Dane doesn't get away with this.

G1GY
01-25-2006, 05:06 AM
This is one of the reasons I stay away from the dog parks.

I have a very well tempered dog, but will turn on a dime when she's bitten.

She happens to be one of the breeds that are on the $hit list, so I just make sure to avoid the problem by staying away from those places.

G1GY
01-25-2006, 05:11 AM
As a future Great Dane owner, (sometime within the next 40 years, hopefully), I am concerned to hear that a Dane would have done this.
They are normally quite docile aren't they?
This is unusual for a Great Dane, right?

Good luck in your investigation.

Normaly docile, but I have seen a few that where the opposite.

I can also say that I myself have never seen an incredibly obedient Great Dane either. (None that seemed low maintanance for handling.)

This is not a fact, but just my own observation.

kari
01-25-2006, 12:31 PM
There is a "problem dog" park in Calgary. Located along the west side of Elliston Park is a fenced area where only one visitor is allowed at a time. One could post a note in the info board regarding the beast and owner. I believe the group managing the dog park would need to be contacted to allow access to the board. The gate is always locked and users of the park are issued keys.

Other signs would point at vehicles with stretched rear springs.