PDA

View Full Version : Is my name have confuse you?

stephane
06-22-2002, 12:04 PM
Since I have see a couple people tink that Im a "she" I want to see what you tink about this do
it confuse or not?

Im french and in french we dont prononce the "e" at the end of stephane so it made stephan so Im a "he" not a "she"

Maybe I should change my user name to stephan? :confused:

smokinreefer
06-22-2002, 12:26 PM
lol!

just leave it. don't take offense if some people dont realize your a "he" right away. this is a canadian board, so i think for the most part, most of us can tell by your name and your "unique" use of english that you are french and a "he".

:D tongue.gif

Troy F
06-22-2002, 01:10 PM
Stephane is french? :confused:

Kiddin' aside, I knew you were a guy. Stephanie is how you spell the female version of the name. You know, Stephanie Seymour (insert Homer drool).

Mods, I know this is off topic but could we maybe leave it ere for a bit just to clear up any confusion that may arise.

Son Of Skyline
06-22-2002, 02:43 PM
Hahah! I never had a doubt that you were a guy Stephane. I wouldn't worry about it smile.gif

BCReefer
06-22-2002, 03:19 PM
Prove it!

Just kidding.

:D :D

DJ88
06-22-2002, 03:35 PM
Stephane,

Je sais que tu es francais et un homme. LOL

pas de problem avec moi.

mais les autres ici.. je ne sais pas. ;) Presque tout ici s'ont vraiement foux. ;)

j'espere que mon francais est correct. lol

salut. :D

MitchM
06-22-2002, 03:43 PM
.... SHOWOFF ...... tongue.gif

Mitch ;)

canadawest
06-22-2002, 03:52 PM
Hey Stephane, I saw the post on Aquariumpros.ca that sparked your concern.

I have to say, don't worry about it. It will only be the Americans who mess it up. I hate to generalize, but often they do lack world culture and rarely understand the idiosyncrasies of other cultures and languages. :rolleyes:

Considering that most Canadians with our forced French influence, and most of the rest of the world understand silent letters and European names, I wouldn't worry about it at all.

PS... I dunno what Patrick was thinking, but you certainly don't have to prove ANYTHING to me! :eek:

[ 22 June 2002, 11:53: Message edited by: canadawest ]

AJ_77
06-22-2002, 05:22 PM
I think maybe you should add your very 'andsome picture to your signature, like on RC! :D
Then there would be no more confusion for our US friends.

Alain ;)

Bob I
06-24-2002, 02:09 PM
As a famous philosopher once said " I think therefore I am", or was it "I tink therefore I am"? Now I am confused. :D :D

ruck'n'reefer
06-24-2002, 07:25 PM
No offense, but I liked thinking of you as a hot french chick!! :D

powerreef
06-24-2002, 10:05 PM
I would like you to know that down here in the USA we are very cultured and just to prove it to ya I will show you some of our citizens doing some culturing as we speak.

http://www.reefaquariumguide.com/photos/data/1694scrooge-med.jpg

Dorkel Marine 1
06-24-2002, 10:30 PM
Stephane I hope I'm not an oddball here but I thought you were a fabulous female. But i wouldn't want you to change the spelling of your name. It's the name your parents gave you. However I'm glad i now know. Happy reefin. I appreciate your comments on this site.

stephane
06-25-2002, 02:31 AM
Originally posted by AJ_77:
I think maybe you should add your very 'andsome picture to your signature, like on RC! :D
Then there would be no more confusion for our US friends.

Alain ;) <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I try to add it in my profile but it didn't work
could someone help me add it. Daren Help me!!

Here is a link to it http://www.aquariumpros.ca/forums/avatar.php?userid=112&dateline=1024621482

stephane
06-25-2002, 02:38 AM
Tank you all for the respond since I was just not shure what people realy tink at first

I just arrive from the weekend out and read those
responde I will keep as it is whith the "e"

Mod tank to have keep the post here even if it was out of topic it was more visible and I apreciate, you could now shoot it in the loundge
Im OK!!!!!!!! :D

DJ88
06-25-2002, 02:38 AM
Did I hear my name? :D

Use this link for your avatar stephane. on any board.

http://members.shaw.ca/dj88/stephane_avatar.jpg

hth

stephane
06-25-2002, 02:40 AM
Originally posted by DJ88:
Stephane,

Je sais que tu es francais et un homme. LOL

pas de problem avec moi.

mais les autres ici.. je ne sais pas. ;) Presque tout ici s'ont vraiement foux. ;)

j'espere que mon francais est correct. lol

salut. :D <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Perfect!!!!! do you do it by your own ;)