PDA

View Full Version : red slime?

lil_clownfish13
01-20-2006, 04:25 PM
hey all,

just wanted to see what solutions you guys have come up with for red slime -- now i have it on my walls of my aquarium-- but on nothing in the tank itself- what should i do?

water params are all fine--- :s so i dont know what could be going so wrong?

any ideas or solutions-- MUCH MUCH MUCH appreciated

Tina

rickjames
01-20-2006, 04:33 PM
I had a small outbreak of the slime. I had the best luck syphoning the slime during water changes, doing larger water changes, feeding a little less, and using more carbon. Now the slime is almost completely gone and seems to have quit growing. Also, make sure you have an adequate skimmer.

OCDP
01-20-2006, 04:36 PM
Agreed with rickjames. Also, up your flow to the areas it's growing on. Syphoning is your best bet for removal. I have heard turkey basting boiling hot water also "destroys" it and gets rid of it. I have not tried this though.

crusty1
01-21-2006, 07:14 PM
Red slime was overtaking my refugium and getting everywhere in the DT as well. I cut back the photoperiod on the refugium to 12 hours from 24, and it nearly disappeared overnight.

Snappy
01-22-2006, 03:29 AM
sounds like cyno, if all else fails a product called chemi clean works well but in my experience can bleach or even kill some corals.