PDA

View Full Version : green mushroom question.

JasonJ
01-18-2006, 05:19 AM
i have a hairy green mushroom
anyways i've had it for about 2 - 3 weeks.
when i first got it..it turned brown. but was opening up. tripled in size and what not.

today i noticed its back to being bright green no more brown. but not its only the size of maybe a toonie. b4 it would open up at least 2 - 3 times bigger than that. im guessin its doing well coz its back to its bright green color.
any input in this? i havent moved it or anything..still in the same place.

Static
01-18-2006, 05:33 AM
The mushrooms in my tank seem to change size all the time, one day the'll be an inch across and another they'll be 3 inches across. I wouldn't wory about it too much, the're pretty tough.

Snappy
01-18-2006, 05:53 AM
i have a hairy green mushroom
anyways i've had it for about 2 - 3 weeks.
when i first got it..it turned brown. but was opening up. tripled in size and what not.

today i noticed its back to being bright green no more brown. but not its only the size of maybe a toonie. b4 it would open up at least 2 - 3 times bigger than that. im guessin its doing well coz its back to its bright green color.
any input in this? i havent moved it or anything..still in the same place.
I believe that they spread out trying to get more light and loose their green colour in the process. Mine did that before I changed my lighting but now spread out quite large and stay a brilliant green. What are you using for lights?

JasonJ
01-18-2006, 06:03 AM
interesting.
i've had my tank runnin for about 2 months...i have the 24" 130watts coralife pc on my 20 gal. havent changed my lights. but the mushroom has been in there for 3 weeks. first day i got it. it turned brown. and today all of a sudden it changed back to its green color.

danny zubot
01-18-2006, 02:02 PM
It will appear to be more green when its smaller and brown when swollen because of the zoanthalae algea. There is only a certain amount inside of it so when the ouer tissue expands, the concentration of zoanthalae seemingly decreases. All LPS, softies etc do this until they bring the volume of zoanthalae up.