PDA

View Full Version : coral warfare

scuglass
01-18-2006, 01:22 AM
i have a few lps in my tank and am wondering how far these corals must be kept from other corals. i have 2 diffeerent candycane frags favia acans frogspawn (5 heads) and a closed brain. can these corals be kept close to other types of corals softies and sps or do they attack all other corals. just wondering how so many people find how and where to place certain corals and have them packed in so tight.

untamed
01-18-2006, 01:31 AM
It is my experience that the SPS fight just about anything, but only within their immediate reach. The send out small threads that attack and kill things within their reach, but it is only the immediate (touching) area. As such, you should be able to put them close to anything. As they grow, they work it out.

Willow
01-18-2006, 01:35 AM
i have a few lps in my tank and am wondering how far these corals must be kept from other corals. i have 2 diffeerent candycane frags favia acans frogspawn (5 heads) and a closed brain. can these corals be kept close to other types of corals softies and sps or do they attack all other corals. just wondering how so many people find how and where to place certain corals and have them packed in so tight.

candycanes are harmless, favia and brains are also fairly submissive. some varieties of acans can be pretty lethal. you should also give your frogspawn a wide berth as they can send out a pretty good wap when they want to.