PDA

View Full Version : Wisdom teeth suck...

Son Of Skyline
05-29-2002, 01:16 AM
Just got all 4 wisdom teeth taken out this morning. The valium they gave me kicked ass :D but once it wore off I wished someone would knock me out with a bat so I don't have to feel the pain! The drooling adds insult to injury....argh....hope this doesn't last too much longer. I already miss solid food...I'm sooo hungry :(

StirCrazy
05-29-2002, 01:41 AM
Valium.. damn how did you score that.. I only got T3's LOL if you got them tank them man, I had a T3 buzz going for two days smile.gif take it easy and do nothing for the weekend. mine were sore for about 2 days.

Steve

christyf5
05-29-2002, 02:18 AM
Well dang. You must have one great dentist to get Valium. I got T3's too and they were pretty good. I had a ski race the next day and got my best times ever. No fear when you're taking those suckers ;)

Son Of Skyline
05-30-2002, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by christyf5:
Well dang. You must have one great dentist to get Valium. I got T3's too and they were pretty good. I had a ski race the next day and got my best times ever. No fear when you're taking those suckers ;) <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yeah, valium kicks arse...but they only gave me some at the office. None for me to take home ;)

They didn't even give me any T3. They gave me these pills called Ketorolac which I'm only supposed to take every 6 hours and it makes me woozy but not sleepy.

I've got an auto race this Sunday. Maybe a quick dose of this stuff will help me with my lap times :D

Troy F
05-30-2002, 01:55 AM
I had all four out about 8 years ago and the memory still makes me cringe. The dentist talked me into staying awake for it to save money and said it wouldn't be bad with the regular local anesthetic. (enter buzzer sound here) Wrong! He got one out and then, to my utter dismay said (and I quote), "Uh-oh,". I said (to the best of my ability), "What the ---- do yo mean Uh oh?".

Turns out that my bottom two were impacted and did not show up on the x-rays. They needed to be drilled and broken in order to get them out. It turned into a 3 1/2 hour nightmare. And I didn't get valium, just some crappy T3s and some other crap. Dentist said I was the biggest chicken he's ever had in the chair. I offered to remove his teeth for him to have a fair comparison.

reefburnaby
05-30-2002, 03:28 AM
Troy,

I feel your pain, I had the same problem...my teeth were too big. Only problem was that all three of my wisdom teeth were too big. I didn't know what they were doing until I saw a drill in their hands....

- Victor.

Silverfish
05-30-2002, 10:17 PM
That was not a nice story Troy, (or Mason, or Victor :D )

I had mine removed last Sept. and the bone in my jaw is still sensitive on my right side... the dentist said it would take a few months but jeez.

I was lucky I guess, they knocked me out for it.
I was the fourth one in line out of four to have em yanked that day. The dentist joked that by the time he got to me, he'd have it figured out. :eek:

Whats worse was seeing the guy before me being rolled back into the pre-op room after his turn at the pliers, drooling everywhere, and looking completely wasted!

Oh ya, T3's.. I do not like them. They do help for the pain a bit but the side effect is quite lame! No amount of fiber is gonna help for that stuff!

All in all, good times tongue.gif

BCReefer
05-31-2002, 12:00 AM
Next to your wedding day :D I think the wisdom tooth day is the worse. My 1st 3went out in nor problem but the 4th was so bad I cried. My feet was of the chair and I think I left a hand marks on the armrest.

I had 3 shots of freeze, my whole bloody face was frozen, and I remember trying to take a drink and having it slosh all over the front of my shirt.

I feel for anyone on his or her wisdom tooth day.

We can all feel the pain, its like when you see a man accidentally getting a ball hitting him between the legs :eek: , every guy around instinctively crosses his legs.

Cheers,
Patrick

Son Of Skyline
05-31-2002, 12:27 AM
LOL! Now I feel like my operation was boring..hahah :D

Oh the fun of removing useless, yet hard to reach and firmly secured parts of the body.

Originally posted by Troy F:
He got one out and then, to my utter dismay said (and I quote), "Uh-oh,". I said (to the best of my ability), "What the ---- do yo mean Uh oh?".
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"> Originally posted by Silverfish:
I was the fourth one in line out of four to have em yanked that day. The dentist joked that by the time he got to me, he'd have it figured out :eek:
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"> Originally posted by BCReefer:
We can all feel the pain, its like when you see a man accidentally getting a ball hitting him between the legs , every guy around instinctively crosses his legs.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">

StirCrazy
05-31-2002, 01:28 AM
hehe, personaly I have never had that side effect from them Bruce, they always warn you about it but Inever experenced it smile.gif

I ended up haveing to get mine out in two steps as it took them almost 5 hours to get my bottoms ones out and I ended up getting stiches in my lip from whare the tool overheated and burnt me big time

Steve

Silverfish
05-31-2002, 02:16 AM
It is rare that you hear a pleasant wisdom tooth story!