PDA

View Full Version : Looking for work as a JR programmer

BCReefer
05-29-2002, 12:10 PM
I hope I am not stepping over the line here but does anyone in the lower mainland know of companies hiring JR programmers? My wife completed her school a few months ago and she has not been able to crack the market yet.

Any help would be appreciated, please E Mail me.

Moderators – if this thread does not meet the requirements of the BB, please delete and I offer my apologize. I normally do not do this type of thing.

PS – her getting a job means me getting a 60 G tank. So please give to a worthy cause. :D

Cheers,
Patrick

Delphinus
05-29-2002, 02:39 PM
Good luck with that.

I'd move to the coast in a heartbeat (I'm a software developer). But every time I've looked, I've been sooo discouraged. The cost of living is more, I'll never own a house out there by the looks of things ($250,000 buys me WHAT?!) ... and the average wage is SMALLER! Huh? What's up with that?!

(Unless things have changed of course in the last 2 or 3 years ...)

For now, it looks like I'm still stuck here in Calgary, and looking dreamily westward. Only another 80 years to go and I might be able to retire, and then consider a move out west ...

... sigh.

reefburnaby
05-30-2002, 12:03 AM
Hi,

JR programmer - Is that Junior Programmer ?

What kind of experience does she have ? This is quite important and if she doesn't have any...then it is going to be quite tough. Lots of ex-Nortel people are looking for work at this time of the year. These people have lots of experience and they tend to out-compete the new grads. Its been a really bad year for new grads looking for work this year. In this situation, I would suggest volunteering her skills and getting some work experience with managing and using servers.

If she has lots of experience, then I have a company in mind that is actually hiring.

I wish her luck and I hope that helps.

- Victor.

[ 29 May 2002, 20:08: Message edited by: reefburnaby ]

BCReefer
05-31-2002, 04:38 AM
Reefburnaby – yes she is Junior Programmer. She can program in English or Japanese and she is willing to work free for a few month to start getting some experience and show the company her skills.

Any names would be appreciated.

Thanks
Patrick