PDA

View Full Version : Saddle Valentini Puffer

Deathstar
01-16-2006, 04:04 AM
Hi Guys,

I was thinking of getting a Saddle Valentini Puffer. What could I use as a cleen up crew for this fish? What other fish would go good with this puffer?

Thanks,

i have crabs
01-16-2006, 04:32 AM
it wont really bother anything except tubeworms and "true" crabs like emerals.
and there also very easy to care for.

EmilyB
01-16-2006, 05:56 AM
They are awesome puffers. My Puff moved to a new home but he is still around. Large hermits that can hide in the rock do well. Hawkfish make a good tankmate ime.

Deathstar
01-16-2006, 02:21 PM
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the information. One more question.

Will it eat my Hermits? Shrimps? Snails?:question:

Thanks,

i have crabs
01-16-2006, 02:48 PM
nope mine dont bother a thing except he cleaned all the tube worms out and chases my boxing crab around.

Chaloupa
01-16-2006, 03:32 PM
I have my Valentini in with a pair of Gold Stripe Maroon Clowns, a Purple Tang and a yellow wrasse...he doesn't bother with anyone but he did take care of any tube worms and constantly picks at the LR. TONS of character though, always ready for a photo op even if you don't intend on photographing him!!!

Raf
01-16-2006, 05:13 PM
mine is curious but it doesn't bother the hermit crabs.

Deathstar
01-18-2006, 02:52 PM
I picked up the Saddle Valentini Puffer he eat a few of my Hermit crabs and a snail. He also tryed to kill my shrimp. I removed all the hermits and shrimps and just left a few big snails. I also have a starfish the puffer does not bug him.I have 2 other fish a Maroon Clown and a Six Line Wrasse. The Puffer does not bug any of my fish.

What would be a good fish to get to help keep the tank clean?

Thanks,