PDA

View Full Version : Mandarin Dragonet - Male - Needs help ASAP

EmilyB
01-15-2006, 07:55 PM
As many of you know I have had mouse for several years and he was a fatty. Over the last little while I had noticed him losing weight, but what I saw today was a shocker. His poor belly is all pinched and I fear I am losing him.

I removed most of my sandbed recently and fear this is the problem. Although I have lots of pods, most of the sand worms are gone.

Does anyone have a good mandarin environment that could take him asap ? It may already be too late, I don't know. I feel so bad for leaving him this long without noticing. :cry:

Ruth
01-15-2006, 08:05 PM
Oh that is so sad - I would take him in a flash but if he is in bad shape he might not take to shipping too well. If it helps Tarolisol is shipping me some ric's and zoos Fed Ex overnight next week and he could ride with them. My fuge is crawling with various pods and worms.

kellehar
01-15-2006, 11:04 PM
i would take him if you were in edmonton or even help reseed your tank as mine is crawling with pods and worms. i hope your able to find somewhere for him good luck.

Justin

HimSelf
01-16-2006, 03:07 AM
Can you take it to a local fish store and put it in their tank and see if mouse will get better? Maybe there is some kind of food you can buy that might help? I hope every thing works out for you.

Cheers

i have crabs
01-16-2006, 03:46 AM
where in calgary do you live i have a good home for him but im getting married and goin to the dominican tomorow night but i have some running around to do so let me know,

EmilyB
01-16-2006, 05:58 AM
Can you take it to a local fish store and put it in their tank and see if mouse will get better? Maybe there is some kind of food you can buy that might help? I hope every thing works out for you.

Cheers

You can't be serious? Sorry...

EmilyB
01-16-2006, 06:01 AM
Thanks guys, for the PM's and all the serious help offered. I'll have to deal with it the best I can for now. Let you know what happens.

To IHC...go get married....and have a great time !!

danny zubot
01-16-2006, 05:30 PM
Deb, I have tons of pods in my tank, bring Him by if you still want.

EmilyB
01-16-2006, 06:28 PM
You took out your sand too tho didn't you Danny?

danny zubot
01-16-2006, 07:08 PM
I've taken out about 3 of the 30 lbs so far. I only plan to take out another 1-2 pounds in the front of the tank, just enough so that it doesn't blow around in the current. I have to leave the rest of it to support to sand critters.

Scavenger
01-16-2006, 08:01 PM
Just as a suggestion to "fatten" him up before removal.
Is there a local reefer who would lend you a large shallow bowl full of live sand that you could place in your tank. If you turned off the pumps and covered it as you submerged it, you might not get much blow off. I'm sure it wouldn't sustain him for long, but might fatten him up a bit if he's used to feeding in the sand.

Psyire
01-16-2006, 08:55 PM
Sorry to hear, but I'll suggest reading this. Perhaps it'll work for you too.

http://www.melevsreef.com/mandarin_diner.html

EmilyB
01-21-2006, 09:23 PM
Thanks guys, Mouse is moving into Ross's fuge. Here's hoping.