PDA

View Full Version : Great meet!

Delphinus
01-15-2006, 05:54 AM
Just wanted to thank Snappy/Greg and his wife for opening their home to us lot and showing off their great tanks.

Some great stuff to see, some great stuff to score, and some great folks to meet -- some again, and some for the first time.

Awesome stuff guys, thanks!

Finaddict
01-15-2006, 06:03 AM
A great BIG thank you to greg and wife for hosting a fintastic party!!!:mrgreen:
I came home with way more shrooms and some zoos and pipe organ

Thanks to all it was awesome to meet new people and a few edmontonians as well... had a blast and even won a G.C.

Thanks again,Connie & Mike

richtg
01-15-2006, 06:06 AM
I too would like to thank you guys for hosting a great meet. I much appreciate it, and have some new toys to throw into my tank! Great setup you've got, as well.

Thanks again,
Rich.

EmilyB
01-15-2006, 08:08 AM
That was so much fun Snappy ! Nice to find out all your little reefkeeping secrets...:biggrin:

A wonderful get-together and I'm doubly happy since I won a GC as well. :mrgreen:

Can't wait to see your tank on TOTM. :wink:

Fish
01-15-2006, 02:16 PM
It was great to see some old friends and meet some new faces as well. Thanks.

AndyL
01-15-2006, 02:43 PM
Thanks snappy (his wife) and all who came!

It was a great time! Thanks to all I got frags from!

rusty
01-15-2006, 02:58 PM
First off I would like to thanks Gregg and his wife for opening their home to us.:biggrin: It was alot of fun and it was awsome to meet everyone face to face. Gregg's tank was awsome! Well done! I would also like to thank the vendors who supported the meet with door prizes ( not just cause I won one either :lol: ) It would be nice to see Edmonton vendors do the same to show thier support to the hobbiest. Over all I had a great time and am glad I drove down for it! Thanks again all!!!!:mrgreen:

Jim Barry
01-15-2006, 03:37 PM
Thanks Greg for a fantastic night.

Your tank is awesome....I am sooo jealous.

It was great to see everyone again!!

Jim

albert_dao
01-15-2006, 04:10 PM
Awesome meet. Was missing a disco ball, but I think most of us still managed to have a good time. Ha! Many, many thanks!

Snappy
01-15-2006, 04:30 PM
I would like to congratulate all 6 of you who won the door prizes. I thought we were very well supported by the stores. A HUGE THANK YOU TO WAI'S AQUARIUM, GOLD AQUARIUMS & OCEAN AQUATICS IN VANCOUVER FOR THEIR GENEROUS DONATIONS. I feel strongly about supporting those who support us, thanks again.
Thanks to all for attending and for your kind & encouraging words about my progression in this awesome hobby of ours. It makes it all worthwhile when one receives compliments from their peers, thank you.
I hope all the Edmontonians made it home safely in the snow and thanks for making the trip down, it wouldn't be the same without you guys.
Thanks again everybody for coming, it was nice to meet you and see some of the 'Reefers' I already knew again. I thought the meet was well attended with about 30+ of us there. I really enjoyed myself and am glad to hear you did as well.
Thanks,

andestang
01-15-2006, 04:32 PM
Yes, thank you Greg & Penny for letting all of us into your home. Very nice set-up.(maybe a TOTM ?) It was nice to see everyone (new & old) Thanks to the sponsers as well - Seio will come in handy :wink:

scuglass
01-15-2006, 06:07 PM
thanks alot for having us over to look at that beautiful tank of urs and then come home and be dissapointed:biggrin: . thanks for the frags and hope everyone had a good time.

ps. if ne 1 still have frags shoot me a pm i wasnt able to stay all that long and see what everyone had.

thanks scott

muck
01-15-2006, 06:54 PM
Thanks for the hospitality Greg and Penny!!
Had a great time (although the drive back was a little long..:sad:).
Was able to see some old friends again as well as meet some new ones too, which was nice.

Also Thanks to the vendors who supported this meet. Muchly appreciated!!

P.S. Greg that RBTA is doing great in its new home. Nice and bubblely. :mrgreen:

calboomer43
01-15-2006, 10:29 PM
Wanted to throw my 2 cents in. Greg/Penny thanks for all the effort in putting this together. Your setup is impressive, keep up the good work.

Lonnie

BMW Rider
01-16-2006, 02:04 AM
I'd like to add my thanks also. Nice setup, nice home, nice hosts. All added up to a great evening.

saltynuts
01-16-2006, 02:51 AM
sorry i could not make it sound like it was a blast. did anyone get pics!

Snappy
01-16-2006, 03:38 AM
sorry i could not make it sound like it was a blast. did anyone get pics!
I believe there were some pics taken, but unfortunately not of the actual party. I think Albert and a few others took some tank/coral shots but I think that's it. I don't remember exactly who the people were other than Albert that had asked if they could take some tank photos. Sorry. Maybe Albert can post what he shot along with who ever else took pictures.

EmilyB
01-16-2006, 06:08 AM
I for sure was sorry there was no one taking pics while I was spilling saltwater on your cd's...............:redface:

cag
01-16-2006, 03:26 PM
Thanks for hosting Greg, this was the first meeting I was able to come to, and I much enjoyed it. The new frags I picked up all look great. Thanks to everyone who brought frags, and the stores who sponsored us. I look forward to the next meeting.

G1GY
01-18-2006, 01:51 AM
Thanks a bunch Greg and Penny. :)

It was great to see and talk with everyone.

Gregs Aquarium was waaaaaay nicer than I expected because he never brags about it like I would if that was in my house!

Looks great Greg and thanks again.

Snappy
01-18-2006, 04:09 AM
Thanks a bunch Greg and Penny. :)

It was great to see and talk with everyone.

Gregs Aquarium was waaaaaay nicer than I expected because he never brags about it like I would if that was in my house!

Looks great Greg and thanks again.
Thanks Gary, I am really glad you could make it.

danny zubot
01-18-2006, 02:13 PM
I would also like to express my thanks to Greg for hosting the party. It's been really nice to see that tank progress from when I first saw it in '04. I think there were enough frags there to start our own store. I did very well, coming to the party with 35 bucks in my pocket and leaving with 40, even after buying some really nice stuff.:mrgreen:

We'll see everyone ot the next one!