PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for my 92

asherah
01-13-2006, 11:27 PM
Hi everyone,

I can't decide what to put in my 92 gallon. I'll decide what to put in for fish then decide if it'll be reef or fowlr. =)
What are you suggestions? It has a sump and is an Oceanic Reef ready 92 gallon glass corner tank. =)
thanks alot

asherah

Ruth
01-13-2006, 11:54 PM
It's really your choice. You have to decide first if you want a FOWLR or reef and then perhaps people can give you some suggestions for fish that are suited for that kind of environment and size of tank. You should also decide if you want a reef what kind of corals and inverts you want to keep as that will make a difference in what fish and how many you can expect to be successful with.

asherah
01-14-2006, 12:20 AM
ok well then I choose a reef lol ! =)
probably an Lps tank since metal halides are so darn expensive :o
I would also like to keep some shrimp ...like sexy shrimp (too small ?) some cleaners, would love a bumble bee shrimp !

Bumble bee snails, nassarius, green bristle star, maybe an urchin =)

Hows that?

asherah

btw - I think it would be kewl to have a school of something =)

Ruth
01-14-2006, 12:56 AM
Well if your looking for schooling fish you can't beat blue or green chromis - maybe 5 or 7 (should be odd #). Maybe a couple of clowns. I would put in the chromis - see how you do - wait a month or 2 and then try the clowns. I have never had a green brittle star but am sure that I have heard that they can be predatory so may want to rethink that one and go with a black. Sexy shrimp are small but very cool and a few of them would be neat. Urchins are fine but they can knock things over like rock and unattached coral and will also eat your coralline algea (however in chewing through the algea they also help to spread it so it's kind of a double edged sword). With a new tank go slow. The first thing you should add should be your snails and if you want hermit crabs then add them first. Wait a couple of weeks and then add a few fish. Wait some more and add a couple more fish. With that tank a yellow or hippo tang would be fine but you should add them last as they can be aggressive and are also more sensitive and are prone to ich so remember to quarentine.
How's that?

fakename
01-14-2006, 01:28 AM
Sexy shrimp are very cool especially in groups. IT takes some work to see them, so only people who are interested in the tank get the pay off. Everytime I have people over someone eventually sees the shrimp and gets all excited....lots of fun!
Aaron

asherah
01-14-2006, 03:26 AM
Kewl I like the chromis so yeh will probably add a school of them =)
The blue ones are gorgeous but I haven't been able to find any yet.
I think I will skip the tangs since they seem so fragile... But I would like to add some kind of angel maybe. I love the big ones but my tank is too small for any of the large ones according what I've read. =)

asherah

Ruth
01-14-2006, 01:49 PM
Your tank is too small for any of the larger angels but some of the dwarfs are very nice. They are not really considered reef safe though but with some like the coral beauty or flame some will leave your corals alone and others won't. I have a coral beauty in my 230 that has not bothered my corals YET. If you are looking for a larger fish maybe look at a pair of gold stripe maroon clowns or sebea clowns. They are larger and are usually out and visible. Add them last though. Maroon clowns are actually one of my favorite but they can be very mean and are very territorial. Foxface are also interesting fish.

Tom R
01-14-2006, 03:17 PM
I have 3 or 4 angels in each of my tanks. The Cherub Angel is very easy to keep and has great colour. He is very active and will dart in and out of your rock work. I know that you will be very happy with a Cherub.

Tom R