PDA

View Full Version : Sodamate machine

kuatto
01-13-2006, 06:31 PM
I've got one of those table top machines that make carbonated drinks and for the life of me cannot find anyone in the city who sells the refills of syrup and co2 for the canister.All the numbers I have are no longer in service so I was wondering if anyone on here has one they still use and knows where I might find refills.
Thanks.

J-Dude
11-25-2011, 01:13 AM
Hi,
I have a machine as well. I don't know why i have been hanging onto it.
Sodamate was funded by Cadbury beverages from 1981-1988.
Then Cadbury decided to pull the funding for the operation and it went under.
So...No more syrup refills, No more Carbon dioxide refills. If you want you can
contact Cadbury beverages and ask them. I might do that myself.

russp
11-25-2011, 01:20 AM
I am not sure if it would work but don't paintball guns use co2 canisters . Maybe the paintball fillers can help

Nano
11-25-2011, 01:25 AM
I've got one of those table top machines that make carbonated drinks and for the life of me cannot find anyone in the city who sells the refills of syrup and co2 for the canister.All the numbers I have are no longer in service so I was wondering if anyone on here has one they still use and knows where I might find refills.
Thanks.

I saw them at a local store here in wetaskiwin about 6 months ago, syrup and machines, not sure if its the same kind but if she had them they must be making them some where, have you checked online?

Nano
11-25-2011, 01:44 AM
http://www.soda-maker.com/soda-mixes.html
I dont know if these would work? thats pretty stupid that they sell you something then shut the company down lol. dinks.

MKLKT
11-25-2011, 01:59 AM
London Drugs here in Vancouver has a few table-top drink makers like that, not sure if the brand is the same though.

mike31154
11-25-2011, 03:40 AM
I snagged a used CO2 bottle with regulator from a fellow hobbyist. They had used it for a calcium reactor, I just wanted to make carbonated beverages. Went to NAPA, got a threaded car tire valve, some vinyl tubing, couple of clamps & a filler chuck. Drilled a hole into a pop bottle cap & fitted the tire valve. Now I make my own bubbly water in 2 liter plastic pop bottles. You can make flavoured soda with just about any juice concentrate mixed with RO water, but it tends to be a bit overly fizzy. Usually I just make plain fizzy water, occasionally some fizzy gatorade. I guess the syrup they sell for these small kits must have some sort of extra ingredient to keep the fizz reasonable. Anyhow, for less money than those kits, my DIY system works just fine & I'm also force carbonating beer I make at home now. The 20lb CO2 bottle has lasted for a couple of years, but I'll need to get it filled soon.

Veng68
11-25-2011, 04:05 AM
My friend gets his stuff from Sears. I also remember seeing it at a store called Cookworks........ not sure if it's on local to Vancouver.

Cheers,
Vic

Veng68
11-25-2011, 04:07 AM
sorry......... my friends is soda stream

http://www.sears.ca/stores/shop/search?Dx=mode%2bmatchallpartial&Ntt=soda+mate&storeId=10051&N=12949&langId=1&catalogId=10001&Ntk=level2&internalSearch=true&Ntx=mode%2bmatchallpartial&Nty=1&isRefinement=true&D=soda+mate

Cheers,
Vic

Funky_Fish14
11-25-2011, 04:26 AM
Too bad Jim(OP) hasn't been on here for over a year I dont think, haha... maybe we can hope he will check someday soon.

Great for anyone else who has a machine though! And thats cool that you can do such a thing, I wasn't familiar with such at-home products!

lastlight
11-25-2011, 05:04 AM
pepsi's net worth will plummet if I get into this DIY pop thing... I had no idea this was being done lol.

Funky_Fish14
11-25-2011, 05:06 AM
pepsi's net worth will plummet if I get into this DIY pop thing... I had no idea this was being done lol.

Start making T-shirts to advertise Brett!:razz:

lastlight
11-25-2011, 05:07 AM
Start making T-shirts to advertise Brett!:razz:

I lost my shirt the last time I tried that :lol:

Funky_Fish14
11-25-2011, 05:36 AM
I lost my shirt the last time I tried that :lol:

Haha :razz:

gloria2vlawler
02-05-2012, 01:02 PM
there is a place in Mississauga where he fills all types of co2 canisters - Sodamate - sodastream - sodamistic - and the dozens of other at home systems- AND has a full array of flavors for those systems. I think it is called the Soda Center. Been a while - if they are still running you should be able to get everything you need via mail from this source. And tell him that gloria from Minnesota sent you! Otherwise, the bulk of systems were sold out in western Canada - Red Deer, Edmonton, Calgary. :biggrin:

WindowMaker
02-05-2012, 03:05 PM
My local water store sells the machines and all of the addons to go with. might be worth checking.