PDA

View Full Version : Spiderman Reviews

Aquattro
05-16-2002, 07:27 PM
I downloaded it when it was released and didn't notice one reef tank in the whole movie. Sure, lots of spiderman stuff, but no reef tanks. Still not bad though...

pocilipora
05-17-2002, 12:57 AM
Where did you download it?

Aquattro
05-17-2002, 01:19 AM
alt.binaries.vcd

pocilipora
05-17-2002, 01:53 AM
Is that a web site? Like Kazaa?

Aquattro
05-17-2002, 02:03 AM
No, it's Usenet. It's a bit involved to download all the pieces and recombine files. If you haven't done it before, the movie will be gone before you can figure out how it works. Usenet is kind of hard to explain. It uses the nntp protocol, available thru Outlook Express (not a great program to use). You have to set up a server, news.yourprovider.com, subscribe to groups (there is a good reef group) and then you download headers. These can be discussion threads or binary files. Every movie, MP3 or any other software application can be found in some group.

pocilipora
05-17-2002, 02:59 AM
Over my head lol. Thanks anyways
Chris

One_Divided
05-17-2002, 04:58 AM
Well most of you guys must have seen it by now..
What'd you think?

I must say, I went in with pretty low expectations and came out quite impressed. I don't think they could have picked a better cast. Everyone fit perfectly. Special effects were great and the story was rendered quite well. The ending leads nicely towards the next movie of the trilogy. Of course, there were cheesy moments like any film, but nothing major.

I recommend this movie to anyone. ;) I'd even recommend it twice!

christyf5
05-17-2002, 01:13 PM
Try winmx (www.winmx.com) its a bit easier. Takes awhile to download but works for me.

smokinreefer
05-17-2002, 03:51 PM
hey brad,
is it a dvd quality rip?
i've yet to find a high quality rip of any of the movies i've d/l'd.

smokinreefer
05-17-2002, 03:54 PM
oops,
i enjoyed spiderman. it was good, but i think there was too much hype, from media and friends who had seen it, so i was expecting alittle more.
but still a very entertaining movie. i would recommend it for sure.

One_Divided
05-17-2002, 05:06 PM
Ahhh just realised we probably shouldn't be talking about pirated movies on here.. since they are ILLEGAL.. so titus if you feel uncomfertable with us discussing this on here, you're more then welcome to delete my last post..

-Adam

Troy F
05-17-2002, 06:07 PM
I've been a fan of Spider Man since I was old enough to read (about three months ago) and I loved the movie. Ranks right up there with Batman and X-men. As long as you remember it is a comic book character brought to the big screen and not a pulitzer prize winning novel (I just finished Light in August by William "king of the run-on sentence" Faulkner and Spidey beats it hands down ;) ) you won't be disappointed.

Mak
05-18-2002, 04:10 AM
Are the quality of these files the same as Kazaa? I was just wondering if it is worth going to these places, or learning these new places like the one Reef_Raf suggested.

One_Divided
05-18-2002, 04:58 AM
I have a binder with over 70 Divx movies. I used to collect tons of these, but in the end it wasn't worth the effort. To much time dealing with morons on my server. I made some huge $ though. I'll update my list if anyone is interested in trading.. These are all DVD rips only.. Email me limestone2@shaw.ca

Back on subject... Spiderman! Don't see the movie on a little monitor.. it's a must see in the theatre

[ 17 May 2002, 13:06: Message edited by: One_Divided ]

johnmac
05-26-2002, 11:33 AM
Just saw it last night. Ive loved Spiderman since Ive been old enough to remember it. I thought it was pretty good, I would have liked to see less cheeze and a little more action, but over all pretty good!

DJ88
05-26-2002, 02:30 PM
Good movie. Better to see it in the Theater that is for sure. but it did have cheese that is for sure.. I almost gagged at the end. ;) lol Was a good movie tho. smile.gif Enjoyed it very much.

StirCrazy
05-26-2002, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by DJ88:
I almost gagged at the end. ;) <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Tried to finnish off that jumbo pack of Nibs to fast eh :D :D

Steve