PDA

View Full Version : Skimmer trouble?

RobbAdams
01-13-2006, 05:40 PM
Starting a neew thread, as it is really a new topic, this is copied from the anemone help thread:

Well, my anemone didn't make it :sad: :redface: whenI got home last night, it was shrivelled up and its guts were hanging out.he has been removed and disposed. my intakes were all protected, but it may have made contact with the heater.

going to wait a couple of months, and perhaps try a BTA.

I did a 5 gallon water change, I am changing my quick filter every 12 hours or so, and replaced the carbon in the quickfilter.

I will be changing another 5 gallons when I get home.

My skimmer does not seem to be working. the inside of the colection tube on top gets really dirty, but nothing rises to the top of the tube?? I have lowered the tube all the way to the bottom, with still no skimate?

The tank is really cloudy after the Anemone "incident" so I know it should be pouring out the skimate......... weird?

Any suggestions?

Oh ya its an Aqua C Remora. I cleaned the powerhead portion last night, to no avail.

seashells
01-13-2006, 06:45 PM
If there are any oily films from food or if the salinity is off output will be reduced. If you clean the skimmer tank it will take a day or so to start producing again. I have good results using the preskimmer box. Did you clean the impeller shaft?

Doug

RobbAdams
01-13-2006, 07:45 PM
I took the powerhead apart and cleaned everything inside, I cleaned the collection device, and I rinsed out the inside of the main box really well, but did not scrub it or anything. There were anemone "guts" stuck to everything

seashells
01-14-2006, 04:33 PM
you should scrub and remove all body parts from the skimmer. After doing that it will take a while to get skimming again. Also would be an idea to use some charcoal.

doug