PDA

View Full Version : new tank

demon666
01-12-2006, 06:43 PM
just wondering how many fish would be ok in a 120g tank? and what type would be ok? tangs? angels? i have a 36 with these fish in it now.....
2x blue yellow tail damsels
1x velvet damsel
1x yellow fin damsel
1x firefish
1x jawfish

what would be ok to be paired with these?

Ruth
01-12-2006, 06:47 PM
It really depends on what else you want to have in the tank. If you are planning corals then most if not all angels are out as well as a lot of other species of fish. If it is a fish only with live rock it also depends on how much live rock, are you running a sump or fuge and if so how many gallons.

Abbyreefer
01-12-2006, 06:48 PM
With angels it depends what kind you would like to house and what corals you have. I'm not a big fan of damsels myself just because most I've seen are very agressive and tough to get out of the tank. As for the number of fish in the tank it really depends on the size of the fish some say 1 gal per inch of fish but I think thats off.... I know this is a bit vague but give us some details on what your plans are for the tank and what types of fish you had in mind.

demon666
01-12-2006, 07:00 PM
ok.....well im guessing about 200lbs of lr with 3"sb im a big fan of lps and softies so this is what i will have in the new tank........

what i will transfer over
hammer
frogspawn
numerous zoos and mushrooms
1 green cap
1 cactus coral
few star polyp rocks
1 acro and 1 orange paddle sponge

oh and 1 sand sifting star, 1 brittle star, and 1 horseshoe crab along with cleaning crew and sea hare.

my wife really likes some of the tangs and wants a mandrine really bad. the tang i cant remember the name of it but it doesnt grow really big. so these two fish are on the top of the list. there will be a 45g sump/fuge under the tank. this is all i can think of right now.

saltynuts
01-12-2006, 07:01 PM
just bring that tank over here ill fix the problem.you wont have it any more.
check out reef central the have things to get you going in the right path.
i have some book you could read that will help you in the set up.

demon666
01-12-2006, 07:07 PM
lol ed your still pouting!!!!!!! you should have taken it while it was still in my jeep and befor you helped me move it in to my basement. ok ill get the book off ya when you bro comes to see the tank. ill give ya a call latter today.... your folks still over?

mr_alberta
01-12-2006, 07:07 PM
If you are a fan of LPS, then skip the angels. I also don't think you'll need 200lbs of rock in that tank :eek:

demon666
01-12-2006, 07:09 PM
ok no angels....... how much rock you figure there harvey? i know your a fan of less rock but a rough guess would be good?

mr_alberta
01-12-2006, 07:13 PM
I personally would start with half that much and add more if required...unless you find a really good deal on cheap rock..then buy lots and sell the rest :lol:

It really depends on how you want to aquascape. I like the little mounds look. Others like the rock wall look. It depends totally on that.

Cheers,
-Harvey

demon666
01-12-2006, 07:18 PM
ya im still not sure on what im doing yet.... probably getting way ahead of myself as i dont even hav the tank up yet... heck i dont even have the stand built yet...... do have the plans drawn up tho.