PDA

View Full Version : 1" barb fittings

vanreefer
01-11-2006, 09:51 PM
anyone seen any 1" barb fittings I need go fron spa flex to the back of the bulkhead... I have checked most places in Burnaby...
TIA
Dan

Willow
01-11-2006, 09:55 PM
home depot sells them, they are gray, sometimes with the sprinkler stuff or the cpvc stuff. if not try terrison they have everything,

StirCrazy
01-11-2006, 10:38 PM
you don't use a barb fitting for spa flex, it is glues like normal PVC, so if you want you can glue it into the back of a slip bulkhead or if you want it removable you can use a threadded pipe to slip adapter (if you have a threaded bulkhead.)

Steve

vanreefer
01-11-2006, 11:46 PM
spa flex seems to fit snuggly inside pvc fittings... Thats SWEET :)
Thanks
Dan

Chin_Lee
01-12-2006, 05:30 AM
Dano
Make sure you sue the right cement if you are gluing the flex stuff to stiff PVC. I can't recall the name and I'm too lazy to run upstairs into my garage to find it. But call me and I'll tell you what it is.
Or just go to Spa place and they will have it readily because thats a common cement they use.
Second note - i was able to find it at a RONA store too.
Third note - still prime first

sounds like your system is coming along nicely.... wish I had the time to work on mine..... its becoming a nice piece of furniture in my garage :redface:

seashells
01-12-2006, 06:22 AM
You can use weld-on 795. Will glue both flex and pvc. Make sure to use a primer. We sell it if you live in south surrey.

Doug

StirCrazy
01-12-2006, 11:20 AM
Dano
Make sure you sue the right cement if you are gluing the flex stuff to stiff PVC. I can't recall the name and I'm too lazy to run upstairs into my garage to find it. But call me and I'll tell you what it is.
Or just go to Spa place and they will have it readily because thats a common cement they use.
Second note - i was able to find it at a RONA store too.
Third note - still prime first

sounds like your system is coming along nicely.... wish I had the time to work on mine..... its becoming a nice piece of furniture in my garage :redface:

Chin_lee, I use normal PVC cement and primer on it and it has been going for 3 years.. I have lots of it. I think in a high pressure it would matter but for us it doesent.

Steve

GMGQ
01-16-2006, 08:03 PM
You can get the 1" Grey Barb Fittings at Terasen Waterworks. I got it for the bottom of my DIY overflow box, one end screwed into the bulkheads, the other was for the spaflex. Cinched it with a metal bracket.

I heard you're not supposed to use Primer on Spa-flex. It's soft enough. You can use it on the rigid elbow end that you're attaching it to. Plus you're supposed to push the spa-flex Straight In. Dont give it a 1/8-1/4" turn like you would when you do rigid connections.

StirCrazy
01-16-2006, 08:19 PM
I heard you're not supposed to use Primer on Spa-flex. It's soft enough. You can use it on the rigid elbow end that you're attaching it to. Plus you're supposed to push the spa-flex Straight In. Dont give it a 1/8-1/4" turn like you would when you do rigid connections.

Now you tell us:mrgreen: I glued mine just like regular PVC.. worked good. do you have any reading that says why your not suposed to do this or that? might be an interesting read.

Steve

Quinster
01-16-2006, 09:23 PM
While we (a spa worker and myself) were working on my pool and started on my spa, he used primer on everything and tonnes of glue on everything. He also did the partial turn while bonding as well.

IslandReefer
01-16-2006, 09:23 PM
Funny, I was told to use lots of primer ....to increase the depth of the weld, because one side is flex:biggrin: ....worked for me on 1,1.5 and 2in spa flex to solid PVC.
:surprise:
......so far:biggrin: