PDA

View Full Version : beckett skimmer problems

adidas
01-10-2006, 06:29 PM
have a big beckett skimmer on my 120g, was running perfectly a few days ago, turned iti off, now i just can't get it to break in properly again, the bubble production keeps going up and down. any ideas why It would be so hard to tune all of a sudden?

thx

danny zubot
01-10-2006, 07:01 PM
How long was it off for? Did you put your hands in the water during that time? Any oils on your hands that enter the water will mess with the fractionation and will take a while to correct itself. If it was off long enough for any waste in the chamber to dry, it will also be some time befor it disolves any dried waste, then correct itself.

kari
01-11-2006, 01:18 AM
Maybe try cleaning the beckett nozzle.

kari
01-11-2006, 01:20 AM
Meant to say, take the beckett nozzel apart and clean. Just one idea though.

Jason McK
01-11-2006, 01:50 AM
I always used to get very small snails and what not in my injector.
I would have to clean it every time I cleaned the collection cup.
I would also suggest taking it apart and cleaning it

J

adidas
01-11-2006, 02:13 AM
it was off about 5 mins... it's still producing alot of bubbles but they are bigger bubbles, not the fine foam.....i'll take a shot of it and post it.

Chad
01-11-2006, 03:24 PM
IME you see the larger bubbles when you have put your hands in the tank and or just fed some oily foods. You have to wait for the oils to break down before your bubbles will be fine again.

adidas
01-11-2006, 06:17 PM
IME you see the larger bubbles when you have put your hands in the tank and or just fed some oily foods. You have to wait for the oils to break down before your bubbles will be fine again.

its been like that for a week now... it has large bubbles and always running very wet now....

Skimmerking
01-11-2006, 08:51 PM
I know on mine i took it out and cleaned it top to bottom and the beckett nozzle too. And what a different skimmer i have now. ITs amazing what happens when you clena the nozzle..

adidas
01-11-2006, 09:09 PM
i will try that.. cuz right now its filling up a 5g pail per week of wet skimmate...