PDA

View Full Version : dow flake calcium chloride is only in bulk?

Hightower
01-09-2006, 06:39 AM
Talked to dow chemical, which brands thier calcium chloride with Univar in richmond. The only distributors appears to be ideal pool and spa which sells a 50lb bag for 38$

Anywhere else you can get smaller quantities? that will take me forever to go through. Unless someone wants to split it.

Purpose in randy holmes 2 part recipe for calcium addition.

fresh
01-09-2006, 04:49 PM
I wasn't able to find it anywhere... I just bought a bag from Ideal pools but it wasn't $38, it was actaully $49!!! Where did you get the $38 number from? Was that price qouted by Ideal pools?

I don't know how much I will be needing, and I already have somebody who is interested in 25lbs. But I am sure between us 3, we can work something out. Let me contact him and I will get back to you.

Talk to you latter.
MO

Hightower
01-09-2006, 04:54 PM
It is the Dow Flake bag is it not?

Want to be sure because other manufacturer bags might not have the purity that Dow Flake has, and it is recommended by randy's 2 part solution.

fresh
01-09-2006, 05:10 PM
it is dow flakes for sure....

Chin_Lee
01-09-2006, 06:44 PM
Mo
if you want to go 3 way, no problem. just let me know - i'm pretty easy.

fresh
01-09-2006, 07:16 PM
I was just about to send you a pm Chin to ask you if you want to do that, otherwise I would have split my share with Hightower to help out ;)

Oh well, I guess we can do a 3 way then if Hightower is interested.

Hightower
01-10-2006, 12:14 AM
Absolutly. But I dont want to impede on your shares if it means that much less for you. I dont have any sps so the calcium issue is not huge.

However you want to split it is fine with me.