PDA

View Full Version : tons of bubbles

asherah
01-08-2006, 11:59 PM
So I added another powerhead to my tank for oxygen and water movement. I have two now. But the only problem is that there are tons of bubbles all over my tank now ! ugh. can't see things very well that way. But great water movement. =)
What do I do about the bubbles? If I stick the air hose down into the water then it won't do that anymore but then it's not shooting air into the water.
Any thoughts?

asherah

christyf5
01-09-2006, 12:06 AM
So you're saying that your powerhead is putting bubbles into the water as a result of an airhose you have added which is used to put bubbles into the water?

I'm a bit confused. If you're using an airhose isn't the whole point is to add air to the water resulting in bubbles?? If you don't want the bubbles, don't use the air hose. A couple of powerheads should be able to keep the water moving enough so that there is oxygen exchange on the surface of the water.

Christy :)

asherah
01-09-2006, 01:38 AM
well I didn't think that it would fill the tank with bubbles =p
lol
asherah

Ruth
01-09-2006, 01:54 AM
I think that the best way to get more oxygen into your water column is probably with a good skimmer IMO. Also as Christy said surface water movement agitates the water and captures oxygen as well. I think you would be better off to forget the air line and just point your powerhead towards the surface of the water.

Johnny Reefer
01-09-2006, 02:34 AM
.... but then it's not shooting air into the water.
Any thoughts?

asherah
You don't want to shoot air into the water, IMHO.
Agitation at the surface is how the gas exchanges occur.
Make sure your water surface moves adequately and ditch the air hose, IMHO.

Cheers,

vanreefer
01-09-2006, 02:34 AM
I agree with Christy and Ruth

asherah
01-09-2006, 03:11 AM
ok I'll go do that right now then =p Should see the surface of the water move right now tho !
ok I took the air hose out and pointed the powerheads more up towards the surface and there looks to be good agitation =)
thanks
asherah