PDA

View Full Version : Bangaii Card..Question

geopod
01-08-2006, 09:54 PM
Lately I noticed that the Bangaii's I have only come out of a corner one at a time. One always stays in the corner and the other one feeds and comes back to the hole and then the other one goes and feeds.They have been doing this for about 5 days now....Any idea for those of you that have Bangaii Cards in their tanks.
They are acting like they are protecting the corner.i cant see anything cause the way the rock is.

george

Ruth
01-08-2006, 10:05 PM
My bangii's tend to hang out in one spot for quite a while and then find another spot that they like and go there. They would not be protecting eggs as they are mouth brooders in that the male will hold the eggs and young larvea in his mouth. This is one reason they breed so well in home aquariums. The pair that I have I got from a local reefer who has raised quite a few to adult from the same breeding pair. I think that Emily B has also had success in raising young Bangii's.

Chin_Lee
01-08-2006, 11:52 PM
just to add to ruth's comments, when my bangaii bred, they both would come to feed. But the male with the eggs in his mouth will approach the food to eat but then turn away at the last second from the food. The female will keep munching away. so it doesn't really answer your question but its not a breeding thingy.