PDA

View Full Version : Chaeto - whacks and whacks of it

Ruth
01-08-2006, 03:46 AM
I have so much of this stuff and it grows like crazy in my 230g system. I throw great gobs of it in the garbage every month. If there are any closet reefers close enough to me to be able to pick it up just let me know! I am pretty sure that I bought the original bunch off of Fish (ebay) and it just took off.

Funky_Fish14
01-08-2006, 05:30 AM
Just out of curiosity(although im not sure you'd be willing to do this, Ruth?) but would anyone happen to know if cheato can be mailed overnight in a fairly moist plastic bag and make it alive to the next reefers tank the next morning? Thanks.

Free bump, hehe.

Chris

Delphinus
01-08-2006, 06:37 AM
So long as it doesn't freeze I would think it would be OK.

Funky_Fish14
01-08-2006, 09:38 AM
Hmm, I thought so, since quite often people do move it around simply throw into waterless plastic bags. Thanks for clarrification!

Chris

Edmonton Eskimo
01-08-2006, 05:51 PM
Chris, I have some chaeto if you have a frag to trade.

crusty1
01-08-2006, 11:21 PM
RonPeter sent some up to me by greyhound. (From Kelowna to Williams Lake). I think it was overnight and it came out great. This was back in September or October mind you, when the weather was a little milder.

BlkWolfe
01-09-2006, 03:12 AM
Long as its moist. Throw it straight from the tank into a ziplock or sealed bag. I've sent it out through 3-4 day ground and its arrived fine at the other end. Freezing is all that'll kill it

My first ball of cheato i got from out east three years ago, took 8 days from the time it was packaged to when it arrived here. Ended up doing just fine.

Ruth
01-09-2006, 03:19 AM
If my work schedule was not so crazy and unpredictable I would offer to ship but it seems that I can hardly tell when I will be in town to be able to get to the post office when it is open and I hate to tell someone that I will ship and then not be able to. My oldest son just moved back home so I will have a little more help around here and maybe can commit to ship in the future. If you know of anyone working up here and travelling back and forth that would take it back to where you live I would gladly package and send with them as I am sure I could arrange to either hook up somewhere or have them pick it up at my office in town.:smile: